This is a great opportunity to join a growing and enthusiastic team!
Create your future at SASCU. We invite you to be part of a team where you can feel good about the work you do and the positive impact you will have in the communities we serve in the Shuswap. We believe in fostering a work environment that is the perfect blend of friendliness, support, and professionalism (not to mention fun)! Add in a competitive salary, and perks such as our employee incentive plan, reduced banking fees, and spectacular natural scenery, and you’ll see why SASCU is an award-winning employer.
As a Contact Centre Advisor, you will build deep relationships with members, first by seeking to understand what is important to them, and then by providing customized, advice-driven solutions that will guide them on their financial journey. This position requires a high level of interpersonal skills to engage members and provide service delivery through contact channels.
What you’ll do:
- Advise members on a full range of deposit and investment products and services (including new accounts, cards, term deposits, and registered products) for an assigned portfolio.
- Advise members on personal and small business lending products and services (including mortgages, personal loans, lines of credit, credit card application, and associated insurance products).
- Interview loan applicants, analyze their finances, and make recommendations.
- Service and manage estate accounts within an assigned portfolio.
- Partner with other SASCU department specialists to provide comprehensive advice to the member.
- Undertake assigned administrative duties including regular and ad hoc reporting, audits, and preparing routing correspondence.
- Provide support to Contact Centre Specialists as required.
What you’ll bring:
- One year of post-secondary education or equivalent, plus 2-4 years financial services experience with demonstrated sales skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including written and telephone communication.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical ability.
- Proficiency with technology including Microsoft Office and Customer Relationship Management software.
- Commitment to continuous learning and self-development.
This position is full-time, working five days per week within the business hours of SASCU’s Contact Centre. It an excellent opportunity for a community-minded individual to further their career within a successful and growing organization. If this sounds like you, let us know!
A bit about SASCU:
SASCU Financial Group offers a broad range of personal and business financial services through SASCU Credit Union and its three lines of business: SASCU Insurance, SASCU Wealth, and Commercial banking. SASCU Credit Union branches are in Sicamous and Sorrento, plus two in Salmon Arm. Established in 1946, SASCU has more than 19,000 members, 150 staff, and over $900 million in assets. Learn more at www.sascu.com
A note on COVID-19:
Additional safety precautions have been put in place to protect SASCU staff and the public. More details can be found here: sascu.com/covid-19-response. Further information will be provided later in the recruitment process.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.