Temporary Full – Time
Closes April 15
Open to any of our Advice Centre Locations
Annual Wage: $72,021 – $90, 026
Would you like to earn above average pay helping members meet their financial goals, maintain a strong work life balance, a flexible schedule and have the security of a career – path supported by your organization? We offer that and so much more.
THE COMPANY – Our Purpose is to redefine banking by helping Canadians simplify their lives and reach their financial goals by reinvesting profits into our members, communities and our people. Now that’s Responsible Banking!
Click the link below to see what Innovation Credit Union is about! Trust us, you are going to want to learn more about who we are!
THE POSITION: This position would appeal to anyone who executes a high level accounting processes that are required to provide timely and accurate delivery of consolidated financial information as well as lead the financial reporting of Innovation’s subsidiary companies and substantial investments.
A Corporate Accountant does the following:
- Evaluate current financial practices and procedures as to efficiency and risk to safeguard credit union assets.
- Complete consolidated financial statements
- Analyze budget variances and provide recommendations on ways to rectify if required
- Co-ordinate the external audit process.
- Play an integral role in the annual budgeting process including coordinating the gathering of information for the annual operating and capital budget from senior management. Make presentations as required.
- Play an integral role in the projection process including coordinating the gathering of information for the quarterly operating and capital forecasts from senior management. Make presentations as required.
- Manage / co-manage large scale department projects including the development of the project plan, research, preparing position papers, developing process changes, valuations, data development and qualitative disclosure.
- Prepare and deliver necessary financial accounting reporting to stakeholders, including the maintenance, preparation, and delivery of all financial reporting to the regulator (CUDGC).
- Working knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and international financial reporting standards (IFRS).
- Continual work to find ways to improve processes that create efficiencies at the organizational level
Why Should You Apply?
- You want to be an ambassador of a forward-thinking, member focused organization and provide exceptional accounting services to our stakeholders
- You hold a commerce degree or an accounting program diploma mixed with a minimum of 4-6 years of job-related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience (CPA designation is considered an asset)