Are you an experienced Cyber Security professional who is eager to showcase their talent with an organization that fosters growth & development? We’re looking for an exceptional team member to join our dynamic and creative group of IT professionals, who join you in embracing technology and developing ways to contribute to the success of Synergy Credit Union.
As a Cyber Security Analyst, you will be responsible for the day-to-day operations of the in-place security solutions; and identification, investigation and resolution of security breaches detected by those systems, and identifying and mitigating risks to our organization’s infrastructure and data assets. You are a highly motivated, working closely with our team to implement security controls and respond to incidents when they arise.
If you have a passion for Cyber Security, here’s what you’ll be doing:
- Perform the deployment, integration, and initial configuration of all new security solutions in accordance with standardized best practices generically, and the security documents specifically.
- Participate in the planning and design of security architecture, creation of security documents, and Business Continuity Plan & Disaster Recovery Plan.
- Research and recommend products, services, protocols, and standards in support of procurement and development efforts.
- Assist in the development of data management policies and procedures.
- Support development and management of the cloud infrastructure. Have an understanding of company’s existing cloud architecture and technology portfolio.
- Documentation, and manage a cloud technology standards policy.
- Cloud architectural design, development and assist in implementation of end-to-end cloud integrated systems. Develop and execute test plans to check cloud infrastructure and systems technical performance.
- Maintain operational configurations of all security solutions as per established baselines, and monitor all in-place security solutions for efficient and appropriate operations.
- Review logs, interpret implications, and devise plans for appropriate resolution.
- Participates in investigations, vulnerability assessments, penetration tests, and security audits.
- Report policy adherence, system performance, breaches or any other IT related information.
What we’re looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree or diploma in information systems, computer science, cybersecurity, or related field, with a minimum of five years of related experience.
- Experience in Microsoft products (Azure, O365, Severs, SQL).
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Good written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to conduct research into related issues, practices, and products.
- Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language.
- Highly self-motivated and directed and a keen attention to detail.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
Note: This position will sit for extended periods of time. Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, power tools, and other computer components is required. Lifting, transporting, and installing (bending, reaching, crawling) of moderately heavy objects, such as computers and peripherals is required. Travel is required.
What do we offer?
We were named one of Saskatchewan’s Top Employers for the 6th consecutive year. This reflects our workplace culture and commitment to building relationships beyond banking with our members, and our team. We offer:
- Preferred rates on our products and services
- Benefits and pension, from day one
- Competitive salary
- Investment in your professional development
- Community involvement
If the above describes you, we want to hear from you. Submit your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please quote competition #234501 in the Subject Line. This position will be posted until a suitable candidate is hired.
- Position reports to the Manager of Information Technology
- Hours: 37.5 hours weekly. Permanent full-time.
- This position will be required to travel. Successful candidate must have access to reliable transportation.
A little more about us
Synergy Credit Union is a people-inspired Credit Union with ambitious goals. We endeavour to deliver amazing financial experiences, earn our customers’ (members’) trust, grow our relationships, and build sustainable communities.
We exist to help our members achieve their financial goals by understanding their needs and delivering exceptional service in modern, convenient, and secure ways. We empower our members by sharing our experience and tools, so they can make robust plans through each stage of life.
At Synergy, our members are owners who profit when we do and who get a say in how we are run. We also live in the communities we serve. This matters to us. We invest locally by offering sponsorships, donations, and scholarships, and through volunteerism. We connect with groups looking to improve overall financial literacy by providing presentations and tailoring them for educational opportunities – for families, schools, youth groups – you name it. We are proud to serve more than 28,000 members and have reached over $2.2 billion in assets.
Synergy operates on the lands referred to as Treaty 6 Territory, which encompasses the unceded lands of Indigenous Nations and Peoples, including the Plains Cree, Woodland Cree, Saulteaux, Nakota, Dene, and Metis.
Our Team is mostly located in Lloydminster. This role is eligible for hybrid work. Ideally, the incumbent would be based in Lloydminster or one of the communities we serve (such as Kindersley, Saskatoon, etc.).
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest. Only those under consideration will be contacted. The successful applicant will be required to undergo a bonding process that includes a criminal record check and credit check.
Synergy aspires to have a workforce that is representative of the diversity of our country and encourages applications from everyone.
Find out more about us! https://www.youtube.com/user/SynergyCreditUnion