Do you have experience in financial analysis? Do you embrace change and thrive in an ever-evolving work environment? Do you have exceptional communication skills with a proven track record of accuracy and attention to detail? Do you know what it takes to succeed in the competitive financial services market?
If so, we’d like to hear from you!
We’re seeking a Financial Analyst to join our team. Reporting directly to the Senior Manager: Treasury & Risk Analytics, the Financial Analyst fulfills a senior support role in the Finance Department, with shared responsibility for various Finance, Treasury and Accounting functions. This role provides information to support Kootenay Savings Credit Union’s Asset and Liability management strategies and policies, and verifies data integrity for numerous reports. In addition, the incumbent is responsible for preparing various financial and profitability reports, including completing various projects requiring interpretive analyses.
The ideal incumbent will possess:
- A bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or business administration
- A minimum of three years’ experience of progressive, relevant financial analysis, reporting experience in a related environment
- Completion of a professional accounting program (CPA, CA, CMA, CGA, CFA, or CTP)
- Experience with Asset Liability Management
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to extrapolate pertinent information from reports and spreadsheets to provide sound business recommendations
- Strong understanding of computer technology, including advanced Excel spreadsheet skills and hands-on experience using standard accounting package and reporting software
- Demonstrated accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to communicate well with others, both verbally and in writing
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team by demonstrating a high regard and respect for colleagues and a willingness to support the efforts of others
- Ability to organize work and meet deadlines in an environment of constantly changing priorities
Or equivalent education and/or experience.
Why work for us?
We know that our dedicated employees give us a lot and are key to our success; in return, we offer a total rewards package that includes:
- Competitive salary of $68K – $80K based on skills and experience
- Competitive benefits including extended health, dental and vision coverage
- Health care and personal spending accounts
- Paid vacation, sick time, and floating holidays
- Confidential employee and family assistance program
- Continual training, development, and coaching
- Unique staff benefits on products such as bank accounts, loans and mortgages
- The opportunity to build a satisfying career in an organization that incorporates many leading-strategic initiatives
- Being part of an organization that puts their community and employees first
- Being part of a talented and dedicated team who improve our members’ financial lives
KOOTENAY SAVINGS CREDIT UNION
We’re the region’s leading credit union with over $1 billion in assets, over 35,000 members and over 200 employees. Our Corporate Office is in Trail, BC, along with our Member Service Centre and we have eleven branches throughout the Kootenays offering retail and commercial banking services. We’re community-minded and continue to strive to fulfill our vision to be the best provider of financial services and the best place to work in the communities we serve.
For more information about Kootenay Savings, please visit kscu.com.
For more information about the Kootenay regions, please visit imaginekootenay.com.
Please apply online through the careers section of our website at kscu.com to upload your resume and complete the application questions.
Closing date: November 19, 2023
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only short-listed applicants will be contacted.