This is a great opportunity to join and established and well-respected wealth management team!
We invite you to be part of a team where you can feel good about the work you do and the positive impact you will have in the Shuswap community. We believe in fostering a work environment that is the perfect blend of friendliness, support, and professionalism (not to mention fun)! Add in a competitive compensation plan, and perks such as reduced banking fees, comprehensive benefits, and spectacular natural scenery, and you’ll see why SASCU is an award-winning employer.
As a Financial Planner, you will deliver professional financial advice, primarily in the form of investment, retirement, and estate planning, to SASCU members and clients. The Financial Planner demonstrates the SASCU Member Experience by identifying member needs, building sound financial plans, and partnering to actively promote the growth of all SASCU products and services..
What you’ll do:
- Build and maintain a book of business by sourcing new business, building relationships with other SASCU business lines, and developing existing member and community relationships.
- Set and meet sales, growth, and professional development targets.
- Prepare and present financial strategies appropriate for the achievement of clients’ specific goals and objectives.
- Provide comprehensive investment, insurance, and financial advice to educate the client and enable them to make sound financial choices.
- Sell investment, insured investment, and life insurance products.
- Provision of ongoing client service, financial plan review, needs analysis, and portfolio rebalancing as appropriate to proactively identify existing and emerging needs.
- Build high-trust member relationships by consistently following through on commitments, being proactive with client contact efforts, and providing value-added financial advice that enables the client to improve their financial position over time.
- Partner with credit union peers through referral or joint client meetings to consolidate business held elsewhere and provide the right product at the right time.
- Support branch initiatives to build membership base, attract new business and have a positive impact on the community.
- Ensure accurate and timely processing of all financial and non-financial transaction forms, records, and reports.
- Understand and apply all internal and regulatory policy, procedures, and controls to meet compliance requirements and mitigate risk.
What you’ll bring:
- A post-secondary education.
- At least 5 years of financial industry experience in a fast-paced professional sales role.
- CFP, IFIC, and LLQP qualifications (or equivalent). Additional industry designations or specializations are an asset.
- Professional level knowledge of Canadian investment, insurance, and financial planning products, strategies, and concepts.
You’re perfect for this role if you have:
- A proven record of achieving and exceeding sales objectives.
- Understanding of regulatory and compliance policies and procedures.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- High levels of ownership, accountability, and initiative.
This is a full-time Monday to Friday position. It an excellent opportunity for a community-minded individual to further their career within a successful and growing organization. If this sounds like you, let us know! To apply, please email a cover letter and résumé to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
A bit about SASCU:
SASCU Financial Group offers a broad range of personal and business financial services through SASCU Credit Union and its three lines of business: SASCU Insurance, SASCU Wealth, and Commercial banking. SASCU Credit Union branches are in Sicamous and Sorrento, plus two in Salmon Arm. Established in 1946, SASCU has more than 19,000 members, 150 staff, and over $900 million in assets. In addition, SASCU stewards $235 million in client investments. Learn more at www.sascu.com
A note on COVID-19:
Additional safety precautions have been put in place to protect SASCU staff and the public. More details can be found here: sascu.com/covid-19-response. Further information will be provided later in the recruitment process.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.