An exciting opportunity exists for an experienced Insurance Specialist to join our team. ABCU is a full-service open bond Credit Union. Assets $263 million, loans $197 million, deposits $240 million, staff of 32. At ABCU Credit Union Ltd. (ABCU) our culture is based on our passion to be financial professionals dedicated to doing what is right for our credit union and our members.
The Insurance Specialist is an employee of Credential Financial Strategies in partnership with ABCU, and is a member of a dynamic professional wealth team and plays an integral role in the delivery of personalized advice to our members. The Insurance Specialist is accountable for developing, maintaining and enhancing member relationships through the purchase and maintenance of numerous insurance solutions. This is achieved by conducting discovery interviews with members and prospects to identify individual needs and goals and creating an appropriate solution, while maintaining consistent practices.
This role also is key in the delivery of wealth services to our membership by uncovering the financial needs of our members and referring those members back to retail, business banking, and other areas of ABCU. The Insurance Specialist is licensed and maintains a high level of knowledge relating to our products and services, sales processes and compliance, and is able to execute trades to:
- Strive for excellence in communication and organization
- Plays a vital role in enhancing the member experience and growth and profitability.
- Take an active role in professional growth and development, and
- Possess effective business habits and are accountable for meeting/exceeding both personal and corporate goals; including the retention and acquisition of new members.
- Live the brand by ensuring members feel at home, leverage the fully integrated financial services platform and promote ABCU Credit Union as a good corporate citizen
- Represent ABCU and Credential Financial Strategies in the communities in which they work and live.
- High School Diploma; Finance related post-secondary is an asset
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in the wealth industry, including securities and compliance
- Life and Accident Insurance License in the Province of Alberta
- Certified Financial Planner designation (CFP)
- Chartered Life Underwriter designation (CLU) and/or equivalent work experience
- Ability to analyze and interpret the needs of clients and offer the appropriate solutions and resolutions required.
- Proven experience with business plan development
- Experience with life, disability, and health insurance sales
- Proven experience in providing detailed and accurate information to third parties
Interested candidates please provide a cover letter, salary expectations, and resume to:
Janavi Corson, ABCU Credit Union
ABCU Credit Union thanks all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Credential Financial Strategies Inc. offers financial planning, life insurance and investments to members of credit unions and their communities. ®Credential is a registered mark owned by Aviso Wealth Inc.
Closing date: This position will remain vacant until a suitable candidate is identified.