KOOTENAY SAVINGS CREDIT UNION
Kootenay Savings, the region’s leading credit union with over $1 billion in assets, over 39,000 members and over 200 employees, continues to strive to fulfill our vision:
To be the best provider of financial services and the best place to work in the communities we serve.
INTERNAL AUDITOR, Interim position – Trail, BC
Do you… have a strong understanding of Credit Union business practices and services? Are you a motivated self-starter with proven audit and data analytics skills? Are you an excellent communicator who enjoys working with multiple stakeholders?
If so…we should talk.
The mission of the Kootenay Savings Internal Audit group is to provide independent, objective assurance and advisory services designed to add value and improve the Credit Union’s operations. The Internal Auditor helps the organization accomplish its objectives by bringing a systematic, disciplined approach to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of risk management, control, and governance processes.
We currently have an opportunity to hire a temporary Internal Auditor in our Risk Management Department. The duration of this temporary opportunity is for approximately one year.
Reporting to the Chief Risk Officer, your creative thinking and knowledge of modern auditing techniques and business ethics will contribute to the development of innovative approaches to improving controls and operations. This role will work with all levels of management and staff to provide assurance that key risks are being managed effectively and act as a change agent through innovative solutions to help improve organizational performance. With an inquisitive mind and enthusiasm in the face of constant change, you will be responsible for planning and performing a variety of audit and advisory services to professional internal auditing standards. Your audit reports will present risks objectively and make practical recommendations to management.
A remote work option may be considered for this role; however, the incumbent must be able to travel to work onsite in Trail, BC or in other KSCU locations as required.
• Professional accounting or auditing designation (CPA or CIA), or enrollment in a professional accounting program, or equivalent
• Minimum of 4 years of related experience in a financial institution
• Working knowledge of commercial and retail lending
• Working knowledge of financial deposit processes, procedures and regulatory requirements
• Strong understanding of policies and procedures related to the audit process and risk management
• Strong proficiency with computer systems and programs required to perform the functions of the position
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Organization and time management skills
Why work for us?
We know that our dedicated employees give us a lot and are key to our success; in return we offer a total rewards package that includes:
• Competitive salary and benefits
• Paid vacation, sick time and floating holidays
• Continual training, development and coaching
• Confidential employee and family assistance program
• Unique staff benefits on products such as bank accounts, loans & mortgages
• The opportunity to build a satisfying career in an organization that incorporates many leading-strategic initiatives
• Being part of an organization that puts their community and employees first
• Being part of a talented and dedicated team who improve our members’ financial lives
You’ll be rewarded with a satisfying career in an organization that incorporates many leading-edge strategic initiatives with opportunities for supported professional growth and career advancement. If you are a team player ready to take on an exciting challenge in a progressive, employee-focused environment, we’d like to hear from you!
For more information about the Greater Trail region, please visit imaginekootenay.com.
For more information about Kootenay Savings, please visit www.kscu.com.
Please apply online through the careers section of our website at www.kscu.com to upload your resume and complete the application questions.
Closing date: June 25, 2021
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only short-listed applicants will be contacted.