Manager, Credit Risk
Are you interested in a meaningful career where you can contribute to the financial well-being and economic growth of Indigenous people and communities in Canada? The Bank is at an exciting time in its’ history, we’re growing, and as a result, we’re increasing our workforce with bright, energetic, purposeful individuals of all walks of life.
As a Manager, Credit Risk, you will be overseeing the Bank’s credit granting process by primarily adjudicating, reporting and tracking procedures for commercial, personal and mortgage lending nationwide. This is a permanent full-time position. We are open to hybrid or in-office at one of our main office locations in Saskatoon or Vancouver. These locations are on First Nations land.
Here’s what you’ll be doing:
- Support the commercial and personal lending process through adjudication of credit applications
- Contribute to bank customer service standards through timely turnaround of deals
- Work with the VP to develop solutions, such as new products to address business and personal banking needs
- Enhance and maintain the Bank’s Credit Risk Management policies and procedures and lending platforms
- Remain current with Credit Risk Management best practices and procedures
- Assess commercial applications ensuring they provide a high quality of risk assessment, credit structure, due diligence, and credit presentation
- Adjudicate personal and mortgage loan applications ensuring a high quality of risk assessment
- Approve credits within delegated limits and make recommendations on others that require approval from the VP or CEO
- Regulatory compliance management and testing of commercial and retail credit business functions
- Comply with FNBC credit policies, procedures, guidelines, and best practices regarding all credit related matters
- Liaise with Internal Audit to identify areas of concern with Credit and Monitoring and Control
- Coordinate monthly, quarterly, and annual credit risk reporting
- Coach and assist the Commercial Group and Retail Group in maintaining and implementing credit risk controls
- Share expertise and knowledge with the Commercial and Retail Groups and other business units
- Act as a reference and source of expertise to the Bank and management teams
- Understand and implement the monitoring & control and delinquency process for commercial and retail departments
What we’re looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration (Finance or Accounting), Commerce or related field
- Five (5) years’ experience working in a credit-related role: Commercial lending experience is required; Retail lending experience considered an asset.
- Experience with lending to First Nations
- Three (3) years’ experience in a people management role
- Understanding of commercial/small business/personal loans and lending procedures
- Demonstrated sound judgement to make decisions
- Attention to detail
- Exceptional organizational and interpersonal skills
- Ability to manage a high volume of work with tight deadlines
- Acceptable criminal record and credit checks
We are passionate about creating an inclusive workplace and value and respect diversity of our staff.
We offer a comprehensive total rewards package, including group benefits, savings plan, professional development, and opportunities for career growth. If you are interested in this opportunity, meet the qualifications, and are eligible to work in Canada, please visit our website at www.fnbc.ca or send your resume and cover letter by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. The posting will close on August 29, 2023.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.