Position: Manager, Enterprise Risk Management (ERM)
Stride Credit Union is a co-operative financial institution, operating in the best interests of our members and our communities. Because we are locally owned and operated by members, servicing the needs of these members and potential members is our #1 priority.
Operating across eight communities in the Central Plains region; Neepawa, Glenella, Austin, Gladstone, MacGregor, Oakville, Plumas and Portage la Prairie we offer a comprehensive line of financial products and services for any and every kind of member. Our primary objective is to provide friendly, personalized, innovative financial services with fair pricing to our members at all times.
What’s the Opportunity?
The Manager, ERM will develop and manage a framework to identify, assess, mitigate, and monitor business risks across the organization. This position will manage, monitor, and maintain the overall ERM framework and reporting through the application of effective risk identification methods along with oversight and coordination of mitigation strategies throughout the credit union.
The Manager, ERM will be responsible for ensuring Stride’s operations and procedures comply with legal regulations and internal policies. Duties will include evaluating all current and new compliance regulations, reviewing credit union processes, and assisting with implementation of changes, if required. This position is a resource for compliance and fraud issues that arise at the credit union including facilitating assistance from outside resources for more complex compliance matters.
What you’ll get to do:
- Establish and maintain a detailed ERM program using internal and external resources
- Develop a framework to properly identify all risks to the organization, assess exposure, develop, and implement mitigation procedures with monitoring and follow-up established
- Ensure the organization acts according to the Risk Appetite Statement
- Develop a reporting process and scorecard of key performance indicators to monitor and audit compliance
- Implement risk mitigation strategies and procedures along with effective and timely reporting standards for executive leadership
- Review all Credit Union contracts to ensure risk is controlled
- Work with all levels of management throughout the Credit Union to ensure and enhance the security of member information
- Oversee the internal risk audit process and regularly review internal auditors.
- Ensure compliance related policies (such as AML, FINTRAC, etc) are created, updated and complied with throughout the organization
- Perform periodic audits/reviews on policy, procedures, and regulations
- Oversee all fraud programs for the organization
- Utilize fraud management programs to full capabilities and work with partners to keep apprised of new fraud threats and ways to mitigate risk
- 7 years of ERM/Compliance, Management or Audit experience in financial services
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Accounting/Audit or related area or equivalent experience. Postgraduate qualification and professional risk qualification will be an added advantage.
- BSA/AML Program knowledge or experience
- Specific Studies in the areas of Risk Management Designation with continuing education requirements, Anti-Money Laundering Compliance and Privacy Officer training
- Knowledge of Credit Union internal audit cycles, control systems, policies and operational procedures, statutory requirements and the Credit Union Act.
- Reporting, analytical problem solving and decision making abilities
- Leadership skills
- Strong skills in partnering and coordinating with other leaders and staff
Why join Stride Credit Union?
We offer an engaging work environment where creativity and autonomy are valued. You will receive a significant total compensation package including a competitive salary, eligibility for variable compensation and a matched pension plan. You will also receive additional benefits, such as:
- Extended medical, dental and vision benefits at 100% coverage
- Flexible work options, where available
- Employee banking benefits (including free chequing accounts, low interest credit card and bonus rates on deposit and lending products)
- Opportunities for professional development
If this sounds like something you are up for, we want to hear from you! Please submit your Resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. This posting will remain open until filled.