Credit Union Deposit Guarantee Corporation
Who are we?
Credit Union Deposit Guarantee Corporation (the Corporation) is the deposit guarantor for Saskatchewan credit unions and the primary regulator for Saskatchewan credit unions and SaskCentral, together, Provincially Regulated Financial Institutions (PRFIs). We work closely with these institutions to ensure they employ sound business practices to enhance the strength and stability of the Saskatchewan credit union system.
How you will spend your time:
Reporting to the Associate Vice-President, Risk-Based Supervision, this position will provide leadership to a team of professionals and manage the application of the supervisory framework which proactively identifies, assesses, and mitigates risk to depositor funds and the guarantee fund.
• Manage and participate in the execution of on-going monitoring, review, and intervention processes for PRFIs, including analysis of financial performance and assessing the effectiveness of risk management activities
• Assess regulatory approval requests to ensure compliance with legislative and regulatory requirements
• Manage strategic relationships with PRFI boards of directors and senior management
• Lead and support the maintenance of components of the risk-based supervisory framework
• Work closely with other departments to support effective regulation of PRFIs
Flexible hours and some travel is required as this business unit works with PRFIs across Saskatchewan.
What you’ll need:
• Undergraduate degree in accounting, finance or business supplemented with a graduate degree or professional designation
• Five years of experience in a related field. Experience in the financial services industry and exposure to governance and risk management would be an asset
• Demonstrated success in presenting information and facilitating discussions with key stakeholders
• The ability to interpret and apply policy, legislation, and regulation are key requirements for this position
The core competencies include teamwork, change leadership, effective communication, impact and influence, conflict resolution, problem solving and decision making. Lending to your success is your ability to demonstrate your people leadership skills as a coach and mentor committed to developing the talents of others.
We offer competitive compensation and benefits. The salary range for this position is $93,117 to $116,394. For more information on the Corporation, please visit our website www.cudgc.sk.ca.
The Corporation values and supports workplace diversity. We believe diverse ideas, opinions and perspectives are good for building business.
Please submit your cover letter and resume stating competition number MGR-RBS by June 23, 2021 to HR@cudgc.sk.ca. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.