An amazing opportunity to bring your risk management expertise to a dynamic employer in a stunning, natural setting.
We invite you to be part of a team where you can feel good about the work you do. At SASCU, we believe in fostering a supportive work environment that is the perfect blend of friendliness and professionalism. Add in a competitive compensation package and excellent benefits, along spectacular natural scenery, and it’s easy to see why we are an award-winning employer.
Reporting directly to the Vice President, Strategy & Innovation, the Manager, Risk & Procedures will be relied upon to effectively manage the control, reporting, monitoring, and awareness of financial risk management, loss prevention, and security controls for SASCU, as well as to identify and recommend areas for improved safeguards. This position acts as the Chief Anti-Money Laundering Compliance Officer (CAMLO) for SASCU as well as the Security and Privacy Officer.
What you’ll do:
In addition to acting as CAMLO, Security Office, and Privacy Officer for SASCU, as Manager, Risk & Procedures, you can expect to:
- Act as the primary contact internally and externally regarding risk and security matters including with regulators, internal auditors, and local law enforcement.
- Monitor, investigate, and track losses due to fraud, forgery, and theft.
- Assume a leadership role in business resumption and crisis management planning.
- Oversee outsourced arrangements for SASCU.
- Act as Credit Union Office of Crime Prevention and Investigation (CUOCPI) designate for SASCU.
- Conduct Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) reporting.
- Provide leadership to the Procedures & AML Analyst.
What you’ll bring:
Along with a post-secondary degree in a related field, you will have a minimum of 5-7 years’ experience with internal control and risk management within a financial institution. Other experience and education requirements include:
- A strong understanding of branch operations, including cash and member services, as well as personal lending.
- Advanced knowledge of credit union banking systems, retail products, processes, terminology, and current procedures.
- The ability to obtain the Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist (ACAMS) designation within 12 months of attaining the role.
- The Canadian Risk Management (CRM) designation is an asset.
Proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite and the ability to learn specialized software specific to risk management are expected. Strong organization, communication, analytical, and coaching skills are also essential. The successful candidate must be able to present complex information to several audiences with varying levels of understanding. Given the nature of this position, a meticulous attention to detail, an ability and willingness to research information internally and externally, and being able to adaptively work with various stakeholders and changing priorities are required.
A bit about SASCU:
SASCU Financial Group offers a broad range of personal and business financial services through SASCU Credit Union and its three lines of business: SASCU Insurance, SASCU Wealth, and Commercial banking. SASCU Credit Union branches are in Sicamous and Sorrento, plus two in Salmon Arm, and an insurance office in Enderby. Established in 1946, SASCU has more than 19,000 members, 150 staff, and over $900 million in assets. Learn more at www.sascu.com.
This is an exceptional opportunity to take your career to the next level and be part of our exciting future at SASCU! If you are both community-minded and prepared to contribute to a successful and growing organization, please email a cover letter and résumé to email@example.com.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. The successful candidate will be required to meet fidelity bonding requirements, including completion of references, a criminal record check, and credit check. Employment offers will be conditional on the candidate providing satisfactory proof of COVID-19 vaccination (vaccination records or receipts issues by the Province), subject only to valid legal or medical exceptions, and complying with all pandemic/epidemic control measures affecting the workplace.