An exciting opportunity exists, for a Member Service Associate to join our team. ABCU is a full-service open bond Credit Union. Assets $265 million, loans $197 million, deposits $243 million, staff of 35. At ABCU Credit Union Ltd. (ABCU) our culture is based on our passion to be financial professionals dedicated to doing what is right for our credit union and our members.
The Member Service Associate is the primary Brand Ambassador for ABCU. This role provides enthusiastic and responsive member service on all transactional deposit and account services including being digital experts in electronic banking products, online banking enrollment, online bill paying services and mobile banking services. This role works with the Supervisor, Branch Experience to create the in-branch member experience through campaigns, and by ensuring the branch is representative of the credit union vision and strategy.
Ownership & Accountability:
Use your strong technical and interpersonal skills to support the member experience by:
• Representing ABCU in a courteous and professional manner.
• Complete and process member requests for transactional services, such as deposits, withdrawals, payments and resolving discrepancies, and answering questions.
• Educate and set up members on online banking, mobile banking, and bill payments.
• Verbally navigate and educate members through the internet banking site.
• Analyze and resolve problems quickly while communicating effectively and documenting responses.
• Troubleshoot and resolve banking issues with emphasis on member service and problem resolution.
• Perform data entry and other tasks required for the administration and processing of banking transactions and the maintenance of account records. Second-day review of banking reports.
• Develop and maintain an in-depth knowledge of products, services, department procedures and policies, and regulations to ensure accurate handling of member inquiries.
• Strengthen relationships through education of ABCU products and services to maximize retention and income generation.
• Control losses by following policies and procedures.
• Comply with all regulatory rules and regulations, as well as all company policies and procedures.
• Complete and pass all required regulatory compliance training as assigned.
• Maintain and balance cash drawer and reconcile discrepancies.
• Keep a clean, organized work area and professional appearance.
• Perform any additional duties and tasks assigned by management.
• High School diploma or equivalent.
• Minimum 6 months customer service & banking experience.
• Good written and oral communication skills.
• Strong knowledge of technical functions of self-service banking, mobile banking and internet banking.
• Comfort and ability to work with a high level of detail/accuracy.
• Must be comfortable in a changing environment and master new products and services quickly.
• Decision making skills to support the member experience.
• Proficient use of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook).
• Excellent service, interpersonal, organizational and team work skills.
Interested candidates please provide a cover letter, salary expectations and resume to:
ABCU Credit Union thanks all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Closing date: This position will remain vacant until a suitable candidate is identified.