This is a great opportunity to take the next step in your career and create a future at SASCU!
We invite you to be part of a team where you can feel good about the work you do and the positive impact on the communities we serve in the Shuswap region. We believe in fostering a work environment that is the perfect blend of friendliness, support and professionalism, not to mention, fun! Add in competitive salary and benefit packages, along with perks such as an employee incentive plan, reduced banking fees and spectacular natural scenery, and you’ll see why SASCU is an award-winning employer.
As the Procedures & AML Analyst, you will make balanced procedural recommendations that reflect SASCU’s corporate focus on member centricity and continuous improvement while meeting our regulatory compliance obligations, including Anti-Money Laundering (AML) requirements and fraud management. The Procedures & AML Analyst also recommends, documents, and implements new and revised policies and procedures across SASCU to ensure that staff have the tools and information they need to complete their work efficiently and within established guidelines.
What you’ll do:
- Monitor and identify internal and external situations that may result in updates to SASCU’s procedures.
- Recommend changes to the Manager, Risk & Procedures, consult with key stakeholders, and document and implement policies and procedures.
- Customize, design, and create forms for SASCU’s operations manual to support efficiency of operations.
- Respond to operations-specific queries from staff, supervisors, and managers, and provide guidance to assist them in locating required information and resources.
- Liaise with external operations and compliance departments regarding new and anticipated changes.
- Liaise with the Training department and assist with training staff on new/changed procedures.
- Monitor, report on, and support with the auditing of Anti-Money Laundering procedures and other compliance requirements.
- Adjust to a dynamic environment where focus, timelines, and project milestones may be adjusted due to project needs and priorities.
What you’ll bring:
- A post-secondary diploma in business or communications.
- 4-6 years’ experience in the financial services industry.
- Experience with the Microsoft Office suite and other programs.
You’re perfect for this role if you have:
- Strong attention to detail, organization, time management, and research skills.
- Adaptability to working with various stakeholders and changing priorities.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- A commitment to continuous learning and development.
This is a full-time Monday to Friday position. It is an excellent opportunity for a community-minded individual to further their career within a successful and growing organization. If this sounds like you, let us know! To apply, please email a cover letter and résumé to us at email@example.com.
A bit about SASCU:
SASCU Financial Group offers a broad range of personal and business financial services through SASCU Credit Union and its three lines of business: SASCU Insurance, SASCU Wealth, and Commercial banking. SASCU Credit Union branches are in Sicamous and Sorrento, plus two in Salmon Arm. Established in 1946, SASCU has more than 19,000 members, 150 staff, and over $900 million in assets. Learn more at www.sascu.com
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. The successful candidate will be required to meet fidelity bonding requirements, including completion of references, a criminal record check, and credit check. Employment offers will be conditional on the candidate providing satisfactory proof of COVID-19 vaccination (vaccination records or receipts issues by the Province), subject only to valid legal or medical exceptions, and complying with all pandemic/epidemic control measures affecting the workplace.