First Nations Bank of Canada (www.fnbc.ca) is a federally chartered bank servicing Indigenous and non-Indigenous customers throughout Canada. We are focused on delivering superior customer service and offering a full range of personal and business banking products. As an equal opportunity employer, we are rapidly expanding in the Canadian marketplace and provide our employees the opportunity to advance in their career.
The Challenge: Reporting to the Technical Infrastructure Manager, the Senior Technical Analyst will play a key role in delivering a wide range of IT technologies, support services, and solutions to meet the strategic and operational needs of the organization. This role will work with internal and external resources to ensure exceptional service is provided and to identify opportunities to apply technological innovation.
- Design, implement, configure, and support Microsoft Windows Server infrastructure, storage, and network infrastructure both on-premises and in the cloud.
- Design, implement, configure, and support Microsoft 365 and other cloud technologies
- Manage and lead projects such as the installation and support of infrastructure and platform upgrades through all project phases (Research, Design, Testing, Documentation, Implementation, and Support)
- Work independently and in a team environment, collaborating with internal and external stakeholders
- Analyze and resolve escalated system issues, working with vendors where required to effect problem resolution in a timely manner
- Contribute to the overall effectiveness of the team through ongoing personal development and strong peer relationships and mentoring
- Ensures infrastructure solutions meet the business strategic and operational objectives
- Excellent knowledge of Windows based environments, operating systems and applications
- Strong knowledge of infrastructure, networking, virtualization, identity, security and storage architecture both on-premise and in the cloud
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft 365 (Teams, SharePoint, Exchange, Office 365, OneDrive, etc.) and remote access technologies
- Knowledgeable of IT infrastructure, including performing backups, upgrading, and patching, performance tuning, monitoring, alerting, deployments, and disaster recovery
- Strong strategic thinking skills – ability to find innovative yet practical strategies to achieve goals, and anticipating needs and future opportunities
- Excellent organizational and planning skills with a strong attention to detail, project management skills, meet tight timeframes and commitments, and is accountable for results
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Exceptional time management and multi-tasking skills
- Demonstrate a willingness to learn and train with new technologies
- Ability to work evenings or weekends as necessary
Location: This position is based at our head office in Saskatoon for a Monday through Friday work week.
- Degree or diploma in a related discipline such as information technology, supplemented by industry recognized professional courses
- Minimum 7 years of experience in a technology environment
- Certification in Microsoft 365 Enterprise Administrator, Microsoft 365 Security Administrator Associate and Microsoft Teams Administrator would be an asset
Make First Nations Bank of Canada your First Choice
Please submit your cover page and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org