As one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies for 18 consecutive years, Concentra prides itself on fostering employee engagement and a workplace of openness and respect.
Concentra is Canada’s leading provider of wholesale banking and trust solutions to credit unions from coast to coast. With deep co-operative roots, Concentra is focused on creating value for the credit union system. We partner with credit unions to ensure over five million Canadian members can choose competitive financial services from their local credit union.
Concentra employees enjoy a competitive total rewards package and flexible work environment. We are looking for a results-oriented individual to join our team in one of our Saskatoon, Regina, Surrey or Toronto office locations, or from your home office environment.
- Technical Solutions
- Evaluate organization business needs and determine how Technology Infrastructure can support those needs. Determine, develop and improve technical solutions in support of business objectives.
- Recommend the optimum infrastructure environment for new applications within normal corporate options, such as Azure, private cloud, traditional data centres or vendor hosted environments. Work with all stakeholders to confirm suitability of the recommendation. When a review of current applications and solutions for potential migration is applicable, follow a similar approach.
- Public Cloud (Azure):
- Leveraging historical information, Microsoft, and MSP resources, develop and maintain reference architectures, documentation and procedures that are aligned with generally accepted Azure best practices.
- Take an ownership stake in driving the cloud roadmap, including laying out supporting setup and configuration necessary to support migration of applications for hybrid cloud environment.
- Design Azure solutions to optimize an appropriate balance of functionality, performance, cost effectiveness and security. Review solutions with security, data, and enterprise architects and consider their input for revisions. Maximize benefits of Azure within design to the extent practical.
- Private Cloud Hosting (Data Centre):
- Working with the vendor and internal security architects, develop and maintain reference architectures, documentation and procedures that are aligned with generally accepted best practices and hosting contracts. Determine SLAs and SLOs required to meet solution objectives and recommend business continuity and disaster recovery options.
- When Azure does not provide a clear advantage for a solution, design solutions for the private cloud environment.
- Architectural Review:
- Implementations – monitor and review solution implementations to ensure alignment with established reference frameworks and standards.
- Migrations – assess current solutions and identify potential benefits and risks that would result from migration to alternative environments. Provide architectural guidance for any large-scale migrations.
- RFPs and Vendor Hosting – participate as requested with RFP processes and reviews of vendor hosting proposals.
- Contribute expertise to forums such as the Solutions Architecture Group and Change Advisory Board. Collaborate with architectural counterparts on other teams, the Enterprise Architect, and senior management to work towards a common architectural vision.
- Mentor System Architects and recommend development approaches to improve their knowledge and technical capabilities.
- Post-secondary degree in Computer Science; a comparable combination of education and relevant work experience may be considered
- 7-10 years of experience with Azure cloud support or development
- 7-10 years of experience with Data Centre support or development
- Experience working in Agile work environments and projects is preferred
- 3 years of experience in the financial services industry with an in-depth understanding of infrastructure architecture
Applications for this opportunity accepted until end of day October 24, 2021. To apply, please visit our Career page at www.concentra.ca
At Concentra, our goal is to achieve a workforce as diverse as the people we partner with. We encourage all members of the designated groups; aboriginal people, persons with disabilities, women, visible minorities and others to join our team. Concentra strives to provide a safe and respectful work environment free of discrimination and harassment and is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.