First Nations Bank of Canada is a federally chartered bank primarily focused on providing financial services to the Indigenous marketplace in Canada. Over 87% Indigenous owned and controlled, FNBC is a leader in advocating for the growth of the Indigenous economy and the economic well-being of Indigenous people. Headquartered in Saskatoon, SK and named one of Saskatchewan’s Top Employers, FNBC takes pride in its workforce of over 70% Indigenous employees working at locations across Canada.
About The Role
As Systems Administrator you will plan, implement, troubleshoot, and maintain cloud infrastructure and services on the Microsoft Azure platform and play a leading role in advancing the organization’s cloud strategy. You will collaborate with other IT team members, manage various systems, and develop tools to automate processes and improve efficiency. Additionally, you will troubleshoot technical issues, propose improvements, and contribute to the establishment of cloud governance frameworks. This is a ‘jack of all trades’ role in which you will have your hands in all facets of our technology stack. This is a permanent, full-time opportunity with the option to work remote, hybrid or in-office.
Here’s what you will be doing:
- Design, implement, configure, and administer Azure IaaS environment as well as other Cloud Services
- Oversee endpoint management, Microsoft Defender, Intune, Conditional access, and patch management
- Manage and support Microsoft 365 services and applications
- Ensure all IT infrastructure (local or cloud) is administered with emphasis on availability, reliability, security, and scalability
- Develop and maintain backup systems and disaster recovery processes, regularly test, and validate data and processes
- Investigate and resolve any technical issues, coordinating with team members or external support providers as necessary
- Identify propose, develop, and implement cloud administration and management practices/processes/tools to automate and improve efficiencies of current/new systems and service.
- Optimize Azure buildouts for cost/performance (VM optimization, reserved instances, etc.).
- Keep current on modern technology trends and products, providing guidance to team members and direction on new project options
- Develop and maintain documentation
What we are looking for:
- 6-8 years of work experience as a Systems Administrator in a Microsoft environment
- At least 3 years of cloud administration experience managing Azure IAAS including resource groups, servers, storage, backup/DR Recovery
- At least 3 years managing O365 servers (Exchange, SharePoint, OneDrive, Teams, etc.)
- At least 3 years’ experience configuring and managing firewalls and switches
- Experience writing scripts (PowerShell) to automate processes
- Advanced knowledge of Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, Group policy
- Excellent organization/time management/prioritization skills
- Excellent analytical skills
- Work effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Well-developed interpersonal skills.
What will make you stand out:
- Azure Solutions Architect (AZ-303), Azure Administrator Associate (AZ-104) and Designing Microsoft Azure Infrastructure Solutions (AZ-305)
- Experience managing Meraki and Palo Alto firewalls and VPNs
- Experience with Azure Virtual Desktop
- Other industry certifications related to security and networking
We are passionate about creating an inclusive workplace and value and respect diversity of our staff.
We offer a comprehensive total rewards package, including group benefits, savings plan, professional development, and opportunities for career growth. If you are interested in this opportunity, meet the qualifications, and are eligible to work in Canada, please visit our website at www.fnbc.ca or send your resume and cover letter by email to email@example.com. The posting will remain open until it is filled.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.