Position: Vice President, Brand & Marketing
Stride Credit Union is a co-operative financial institution, operating in the best interests of our members and our communities. Because we are locally owned and operated by members, servicing the needs of these members and potential members is our #1 priority.
Operating across eight communities in the Central Plains region; Neepawa, Glenella, Austin, Gladstone, MacGregor, Oakville, Plumas and Portage la Prairie we offer a comprehensive line of financial products and services for any and every kind of member. Our primary objective is to provide friendly, personalized, innovative financial services with fair pricing to our members at all times.
What’s the Opportunity?
The Vice President, Brand and Marketing reports directly to the CEO, and is responsible for leading the strategic development and implementation of Stride’s brand image and marketing plans. Through quality design, this role ensures Stride is reflected positively and consistently across all mediums, sales channels, social media platforms and internal communications.
This role is responsible for conceiving, developing, and designing creative materials that drive and elevate Stride’s brand awareness. The Vice President, Brand & Marketing collaborates with other business lines to understand goals and develop marketing plans for the promotion of products and services.
What you’ll get to do:
• Develop and establish brand strategies across all platforms and delivery channels
• Align brand campaigns and plans, both internal and external, towards company strategic goals and brand promise
• Manage the design and production of marketing materials for social media, website, advertisements, or other audio-visual platforms
• Maintain a high level of strategic foresight by identifying customer and business needs, and adjusting objectives accordingly
• Plan and implement campaigns and brand experiences, from concept through execution
• Coordinate the development of marketing budgets and policies and identify shortand long-term marketing objectives
• Own the annual marketing plan and budget, setting current and long-term goals
• Coordinate market research activities and reporting to identify trends, opportunities, risks, and member satisfaction
• Evaluate marketing initiatives through proactive metrics to ensure they meet changing market and competitive conditions
• Research and recommend opportunities for new products, services, and offerings, and coordinate the related development and implementation activities
• Oversee the management and maximization of the website, mobile app and social media channels to attract and retain Stride members
• Work with a network of advertising and media professionals, contractors, and agents in carrying out marketing strategy and initiatives
• Complete segmentation activities to identify areas for target marketing
• Post Secondary marketing, business or communications degree or diploma
• 7+ years of progressive marketing and communications experience
• Previous experience leading a team of creative professionals
• A portfolio that confirms creative style, top tier writing and editorial skills, and a proven ability to leverage traditional and online channels to influence consumer behaviour
• Demonstrated knowledge of market trends, lines of business and range of products and services offered by the Credit Union and its competitors
• Sound leadership, staff management and teambuilding skills
• Strong communication, organizational skills
• Demonstrated ability to manage employees including contractors and vendors
• Ability to navigate ambiguity and manage competing priorities
Why join Stride Credit Union?
We offer an engaging work environment where creativity and autonomy are valued. You will receive a significant total compensation package including a competitive salary, eligibility for variable compensation and a matched pension plan. You will also receive additional benefits, such as:
• Extended health, dental and vision benefits
• Flexible work options, where available
• Employee banking benefits (including free chequing accounts, low interest credit card and bonus rates on deposit and lending products)
• Opportunities for professional development
If this sounds like something you are up for, we want to hear from you! Please submit your Resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. This posting will remain open until filled.