Position: Vice President, People and Culture
Stride Credit Union is a co-operative financial institution, operating in the best interests of our members and our communities. Because we are locally owned and operated by members servicing the needs of these members and potential members is our #1 priority.
Operating in nine branches across eight communities in the Central Plains region; Neepawa, Glenella, Austin, Gladstone, MacGregor, Oakville, Plumas and Portage la Prairie we offer a comprehensive line of financial products and services for any and every kind of member. Our primary objective is to provide friendly, personalized, innovative financial services with fair pricing to our members at all times.
What’s the Opportunity?
The Vice President, People and Culture reports directly to the CEO, and is responsible for leading the organizational development that supports the growth of both employees and the Credit Union by instilling and supporting a strong employee development and engagement culture.
They develop and implement the Credit Union’s people strategy and develop, source and implement the appropriate systems and learning programs in support of the strategy and culture. Additionally, this position leads the development and implementation of HR strategy, HR policies, practices and programs for employment, recruitment, compensation, benefits, employee development and employee profitability. They define and collect key performance metrics and data.
The VP, People and Culture ensures compliance with labour laws and regulations and acts as the key point of contact with government and other regulatory agencies. They actively participate at the senior management level and board level in the development and implementation of long-term strategic plans.
What you’ll get to do:
Leadership and Organizational Development
• Design, develop and implement initiatives that promote organizational effectiveness
• Monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of organizational initiatives
• Contribute to improvements in the organization’s structures and work processes
• Align organizational development programs with business strategies
• Develop and implement measurement systems and tools to enhance job performance
• Facilitate organizational change through training and development support
• Act as a resource for leaders and employees with questions on the performance management, coaching and career development
• Lead by example; aligns own behaviour with the organization’s vision and values
• Provide project leadership to major training initiatives, including the assembling and leadership of project teams
• Develop internal communication strategies that foster awareness, education, and engagement, and that reinforce the corporate brand
• Conduct organizational needs assessments to establish programming in conjunction with annual planning and budgets
• Design, develop and deliver programs based on generally accepted principles of adult learning, or recommend the selection of external training consultants as needed
• Provide coaching and post training support to ensure successful transfer of learning to the workplace
• Develop and implement measurement tools and processes ensuring participant and organizational feedback is documented and evaluated
• Identify and address learning gaps and develop strategies for correcting these gaps
• Assist employees in identifying career paths, establishing learning plans and activities required for achieving personal success and continued professional development
• Ensure arrangements are made for training schedules, facilities, trainers, participants, equipment and course materials
• Actively network with others in the credit union system and outside of the system to build relationships, gain new skills and improve brand recognition
Strategic Human Resources
• Ensure all Human Resources policies, programs and practices are in compliance with applicable labour legislation
• Oversee the development and administration of benefits programs, compensation structures as well as compliance and reporting functions
• Provide strategic leadership and consulting support to management for setting goals, policy development, staff allocation and management to ensure business goals are met
• Recommend and maintain an organizational structure and staffing levels to accomplish company goals and objectives
• Assess company culture and employee morale and provide recommendations on changes to accomplish company goals and objectives
• Assess and make recommendations for outsourced HR services
• Ensure confidentiality of employee files, all salary information, disability information, personal issues, terminations, recruitment information, and health benefit data
• Sustain professional and technical knowledge through workshops, seminars, associations, research and professional publications
• Oversee the Human Resources department and staff
• Bachelor degree in Human Resource Management or work equivalency and C.P.H.R. designation
• A certificate in adult education or equivalent
• Demonstrated ability to manage HR strategy, leadership and organizational development, contracts, negotiations, and change
• Demonstrated knowledge of applicable employment, wage and salary laws and regulations and ability to interpret and comply with those able to analyze and assess training and development needs
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• A well-defined sense of diplomacy, including solid negotiation, conflict resolution, and people management skills
• Politically and culturally sensitive
• Sound leadership, staff management, and teambuilding skills
• Competent and current computer skills (Word, Excel, Web browsers, email, etc.)
• Superior interpersonal skills in dealing with direct and non-direct reports/Credit Union leadership/Board
• Proven relationship management and presentation skills
• Demonstrated project management skills
• Ability to respond rapidly to changing technology requirements and business need solutions
Why join Stride Credit Union?
We don’t mean to toot our own horn, but…
• Employees do what’s best for our members, no exceptions.
• We believe laughter in the workplace is a good sign.
• Enriching lives through financial services and community investment is what we are about.
In addition, we offer continuing professional development and a competitive total compensation package including benefits, pension plan, and performance-related incentive pay.
If this sounds like something you are up for, we want to hear from you! Please submit your Resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, or Human Resources, 19 Royal Road North, Portage la Prairie MB R1N 1T9, Attention: Brent Budz. This posting will remain open until filled.