Title: Wealth Management Administrative Associate
Reports to: Vice President of Business Development
About CUSO Wealth Strategies Inc.
With a Head Office located in Kelowna BC. CUSO Wealth Strategies Inc. provides wealth management strategic and best practices support to credit unions. CUSO was established in 2012 with the purpose of assisting small to mid-sized credit unions create, maintain, and assist with the day-to-day management of a sustainable, profitable, and compliant wealth management subsidiary. CUSO currently works with 6 BC and 3 Alberta credit unions partners with combined wealth management assets of more than $1.2 billion.
Basic Purpose of the Role
Currently, within the 9 credit unions that the CUSO serves, there are 12 wealth management administrators. The Wealth Management Administrative Associate will serve as the first point of contact for the wealth management administrators in both a support and mentoring capacity. This will include being a power user of the CRM (Customer Relationship Management) program, currently Maximizer Wealth for our credit union client group.
This position will also provide administrative and governance support to the CEO.
About the Role
This is a permanent part-time position of three days per week (22.5 hours) with an opportunity for additional hours as mutually agreed. The hours are flexible within the standard work week and the location is the Kelowna office or a remote work arrangement within BC or Alberta.
- Be the main point of contact for the wealth management administrators located in various credit unions in BC and Alberta. In this capacity the Wealth Management Administrative Associate will support all levels of skill sets and work experience with the focus to help each office become efficient and effective in the administration support for the Wealth Advisors. Duties include:
- Providing guidance, training, and support to increase comfort and proficiency with CRM
- Acting as an intermediary with dealer back-office administrative issues
- Coordinating and conducting regular team meetings with the administrators, encourage collaboration, support and sharing of information
- Providing support and training to new wealth management administrators
- Undertake all governance related activities to support the CEO and Board of Directors in the regular day to day, monthly quarterly and annual business requirements.
- Complete other related tasks and special initiatives consistent with the scope and purpose of the position.
- A minimum of five years’ recent, related experience in an administration capacity working with financial advisors is required
- Proficiency with Excel and the MS Office suite of products
- Background in using and supporting a CRM program (preferably Maximizer)
- Excellent administrative skills including experience with, or an interest in learning, board governance administration
- Strong written, verbal communication, and interpersonal skills
- Proficiency with technology and enthusiasm for learning and adopting technology innovations and tools to enhance proficiency
- Strong organizational, time management and problem-solving skills
- Excellent service and relationship building skills including the ability to interact one-on-one and facilitate small groups to share knowledge, mentor, and train
- Proven ability to be a self-starter and work independently with minimum supervision
- Familiarity with Adobe and website admin functionality would be welcomed
- Current or previous licensing with MFDA, IIROC, and/or Insurance Council is an asset but not required
- Ability and willingness to travel to Kelowna to be onsite at CUSO office 3-4 times per year
- If working remotely, a workspace which provides for personal health and safety and ensures the safety and confidentiality of information
Why CUSO Wealth Strategies?
- We are a small, dedicated team of professionals committed to doing our best work in an inclusive, respectful, and supportive environment
- We encourage work & life integration and offer flexibility with hours and work location tailored to individual needs
- We offer comprehensive benefits to support and sustain the mental and physical health of our employees and their families
- Our leadership team encourages growth, independence, service excellence and team camaraderie
- We believe in the cooperative model and work to support the sustainability and profitability of the credit unions we serve which in turn make a direct economic, social, and cultural impact in our communities
How to Apply:
If you consider this position a match to your skills, please submit your resume and cover letter in confidence to Ann Wong, Vice President, Business Development at email@example.com by October 14, 2022.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this unique and specialized opportunity. All applications under consideration will be contacted.