CUSO Wealth Strategies
Title: Wealth Services Associate
Reports to: Vice President of Business Development
Date created: November 2023
Salary range: Between $25.60 to $28.00 per hour
About CUSO Wealth Strategies Inc.
Its Head Office is in Kelowna, BC. CUSO Wealth Strategies Inc. provides wealth management strategic and best practices support to credit unions. CUSO was established in 2012 with the purpose of assisting small to mid-sized credit unions create, maintain, and assist with the day-to-day management of a sustainable, profitable, and compliant wealth management subsidiary. CUSO works with 7 BC and Alberta credit unions partners with combined assets of more than $1 billion.
About the Role
This is a permanent part-time position with a minimum of up to three full days (22.5 hours) or 5 part-time days depending on business needs. The work hours and location are flexible within BC or Alberta. CUSO is a “best” hire employer and is fully open to remote work.
Basic Purpose of the Role
The successful candidate will provide administrative support to the VP and Regional Leaders and governance support to the CEO. They will serve as first point of contact for wealth management office admin team members in both a support and mentoring capacity. This will include having a working knowledge of the CRM (Customer Relationship Management) program, currently Maximizer Wealth for our credit union client group. The ideal candidate will have intermediate to advanced skills in the full suite of Microsoft office products.
- Assume responsibility for governance related activities to support the CEO and board of directors as the business demands.
- Will serve both the VP and Regional Leaders in an administrative capacity which includes but is not limited to the following tasks:
- Onboarding and offboarding all registrants at the dealer level – CIRO (MFDA/IIROC) and Insurance
- Maintaining an effective record-keeping process of tracking invoices for our accounting team
- Downloading and creating management and end user reports.
- Onboarding and offboarding all users from various 3rd party software programs.
- Maintaining and administrating our internal member/client experience programs and portals.
- Regular day to day duties commonly associated with running a small to mid-size business office.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Five years recent related experience preferably in an administration capacity working within the financial industry
- Proficiency with the MS Office suite of products especially Excel and database Power BI programs
- Background in using and supporting a CRM program (Maximizer)
- Experience with, or an interest in learning board governance administration
- Strong written, verbal communication, and interpersonal skills
- Excellent time management and organization skills
- Enjoys using and a desire to keep learning new technology
- Strong organizational, time management and problem-solving skills
- Must enjoy personal one to one interaction in a business setting to mentor other administrators
- Preference will be given to self-starters who require minimum supervision
- The use of Adobe and website admin functionality would be welcomed
- Current or previous licensing with MFDA, IIROC, and/or Insurance Council is an asset but not required
- Current or previous virtual assistant experience is an asset
- If working remotely, a workspace which provides for personal health and safety and ensures the safekeeping and confidentiality of information
Why CUSO Wealth Strategies?
- We are a small, dedicated team of professionals committed to doing our best work in an inclusive, respectful, and supportive environment
- We encourage work & life integration and offer flexibility with hours and work location tailored to individual needs
- We offer comprehensive benefits to support and sustain the mental and physical health of our employees and their families
- Our leadership team encourages growth, independence, service excellence and team camaraderie
- We believe in the cooperative model and work to support the sustainability and profitability of the credit unions we serve which in turn make a direct economic, social, and cultural impact in our communities
How to Apply:
If you consider this position a match to your skills, please submit your resume and cover letter in confidence to Ann Wong, Vice President, Business Development at firstname.lastname@example.org by December 8, 2023.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this opportunity. All applications under consideration will be contacted.