Tandia Financial Credit Union has an exciting opportunity for a full-time permanent Director, Information Technology in our beautiful new corporate office located in Burlington, ON. This role will report to the VP, Information Technology.
What we offer:
- Competitive Base salary + bonus structure
- Comprehensive medical and dental benefits
- Paid vacation plus 5 “management” paid vacation days
- 100% company match RRSP, Employee can contribute 4-8%
- Diverse mix of staff and demonstrated work/life balance
- Hybrid work schedule
- Career growth opportunities
- Continued development and education program
Reporting to the VP, Director of Information Technology, is responsible for overseeing the day-to-day functions and operations of the IT Department, ensuring on-going projects and initiatives are in line with established IT priorities and corporate objectives; will directly supervise the IT staff to ensure IT project completion and established service levels are maintained.
In this role you will:
- Provide leadership, vision, and management to the IT department.
- Manage the development, design, and implementation of new applications and changes to existing computer systems and software packages.
- Manage IT staffing, including recruitment, supervision, scheduling, development, coaching and evaluation of IT team members in conjunction with Credit Union policies
- Manage the purchasing of all software, hardware, and other IT supplies in line with budget expectations.
- Make recommendations for the improvement and growth of the IT infrastructure and IT systems.
- Effectively communicates relevant IT-related information to superiors as needed.
- Monitor IT Service Desk and ensure process and procedures are followed and service standards are being met
- Oversee the timely completion of all IT Service Desk items.
- Manage and provide support and act as the backup to IT staff in order to best utilize the information systems and IT resources.
- Develop, review, and certify all back-up and disaster recovery procedures and plans.
- Oversee the maintenance and administration of both LAN and WAN networks ensuring their stability, including the development and maintenance recommendations from the Senior System Administrator
- Ensure the capabilities of the credit unions external communications are properly maintained and in good working order.
- Approve and enforce changes to policies and procedures in the area of technology and administration with objective of improving efficiency.
- Manage the implementation of new\upgrades for all in house and third-party systems.
- Act as 2nd level escalation support on weekend business operation.
- Complies at all time with and ensures adherence to all Credit Union policies and procedures including Anti-Money Laundering policies.
- Other duties as assigned by the VP, IT.
Here’s what you bring:
- University Degree or College diploma in a Computer Systems technology field of study.
- Minimum of 2-3 years of job-related and managerial experience.
- Advanced knowledge of PC skills, PC literacy beyond banking systems.
- Working knowledge of VMware server solutions.
- Experience with Vendor Management
- Experience in diagnosing and troubleshooting LAN/WAN and PC problems
- Working knowledge of Microsoft O365 Suite
- Demonstrated Project Management knowledge
- Financial Institution Banking Knowledge
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Ability to effectively manage many priorities, often with conflicting deadlines.
- Ability to take initiative in the development and completion of projects.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Effective leadership skills with demonstrated ability to coach and mentor direct reports, inclusive of performance reviews and discipline.
- Excellent problem-solving, analytical and evaluative skills.
- On-going commitment to continuous learning to help stay current with new technology and IT trends.
Other Requirements: Due to deadlines and time constraints, the hours of work may extend beyond the normal work week. There can be numerous and varied responsibilities which require constant prioritizing to ensure that all duties are completed efficiently, accurately and on a timely basis. It is a requirement of this position to be able to perform well under pressure from many situations, while working towards meeting the agreed upon goals within the set timeframes.
If you are interested in the position and meet the requirements, please forward your cover letter and resume to email@example.com, quoting the position title in the subject line.
Tandia is committed to meeting the accessibility needs of persons with disabilities in a timely manner, consistent with the principles of dignity, independence, equal opportunity and integration. Tandia is strongly committed to employment equity within its community and to recruiting a diverse workforce. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities will be provided upon request by contacting Human Resources. Tandia is committed to providing a safe work environment for employees and has implemented a vaccination policy. All new employees shall be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to their start date and any offers of employment are conditional upon Tandia receiving written confirmation of full vaccination. This means that 14 days have elapsed after completion of a COVID-19 vaccine series (ie. Full two doses of a two-dose series or one dose of a one-dose series or as defined by Public Health Ontario). This requirement is subject to any accommodation obligations under the Ontario Human Rights Code.