Executive Assistant – Burlington (Full-time)
We invest in people.
Be part of a banking experience as unique as you are. Tandia Financial Credit Union (Tandia) is seeking a talented and accomplished administrative professional to support our President, Board of Directors and senior executives on a full-time permanent basis.
Do you have experience supporting a President and a Board of Directors and juggling several priorities in a day? Do you have a passion for service, a positive mindset and a keen eye for detail?
If so, this might be the role for you.
This exciting position will be based at our beautiful new corporate office in Burlington, Ontario – while a hybrid model is currently in place due to the present circumstances of the pandemic.
Your Work at a Glance
As an Executive Assistant at Tandia you will be a vital member of our team, supporting the President, our Board of Directors and our Senior Executives. As a highly organized and efficient support resource, you are dedicated to providing excellent service and administrative support – displaying a positive “can-do” attitude and acting with exemplary professionalism.
In this role you will apply your knowledge and experience providing administrative support to the President, including preparing correspondence and assist with assembling documents, reports and presentations as well as managing calendar appointments, organizing conference calls, meetings and more. You will also craft correspondence on the President’s behalf, develop reports with ease and apply your strong technical abilities on a daily basis – and if called upon, provide systems support to our executives.
As the primary resource supporting the Board of Directors and Senior Executives, your role will include planning and coordinating meetings for our Board of Directors and all Board Committees, preparing and distributing all meeting materials, taking minutes and managing confidential files and you will be counted on to meet all deadlines with ease. You will also be involved in event coordination, such as the planning of Tandia’s Annual General Meeting and other company events and assisting in other administrative support such as booking conferences or making travel arrangements for our executives.
In the role of Executive Assistant, we’ll rely on your expansive business knowledge and your expertise in the field of office administration to anticipate needs and plan proactively. We’ll also count on your professional and courteous approach in dealing with all members, co-workers, colleagues and external contacts.
We are looking for someone who:
- Has completed a degree / diploma in a business-related field, or has equivalent work experience
- Has a minimum of 3 to 5 years experience as an Executive Assistant, or in a senior Office Administration role
- Has ideally worked with or supported a Board of Directors and has an understanding of Board processes and procedures including document preparation and minute-taking
- Has a strong inclination toward details and can be thorough and well organized, and has proven ability to work independently and efficiently
- Has excellent typing skills, calendar management experience and strong background in administrative support of multiple departments and functions including senior executives
- Operates with a high degree of discretion and tact and can build trust by demonstrating the ability to handle confidential information and sensitive material
- Can produce detailed reports and presentations with ease and is highly skilled at using Microsoft Excel, Word, Powerpoint, Outlook, Teams and other Microsoft Office products on a daily basis; is comfortable with learning new technology and software applications
- Is an accomplished communicator, skilled at both verbal and written communication and is able to interact with internal and external stakeholders at all levels through multiple means of communication – by phone, email, web-based meetings and in person while developing and maintaining strong relationships
- Is comfortable working full-time hours and with deadline and time constraints with an understanding that hours of work may extend beyond the normal work week
- Is aligned with Tandia’s vision and values and demonstrates a desire to be a contributing member of our team, support a positive work environment that promotes service and commitment to the credit union, quality, innovation, integrity, and respect
As Unique as You
We believe that financial institutions should be more accountable to the people they serve; we believe that there’s more than one way to measure success; and we believe that our profits should have a positive financial, social and environmental impact on the communities in which we live and work. Actions speak louder than words and we work hard to demonstrate our commitment each and every day.
At Tandia, we recognize that our staff and members are unique – and that matters to us.
As a credit union, living the co-operative principles is a part of our long and rich history.
We invest in our members and our communities with an extensive community investment program devoted to supporting the organizations, events, and volunteers that make our communities stronger.