The Sales and Service Manager provides oversight, coaching, supervision to branch management of the Castlegar, Greenwood and Slocan Valley locations and directly to the retail lending staff in the Castlegar and Slocan Valley branches. This position serves as a multi-branch manager with an emphasis on regular and ongoing sales and performance leadership and direction to facilitate the provision of quality member relationship services, to maximize revenue generation, promote growth and help members achieve and maintain their financial health. The incumbent will identify, develop and further the StellerVista brand within the branch communities, and initiate and maximize business development opportunities.
Education and Experience:
- Completion of a degree or diploma in business administration or operations management
- Completion of, or enrolment in and actively progressing towards the ACUIC Designation
- 8 to 10 years of financial services or credit union experience including at least five years sales management with at least 1 year at the branch manager level OR an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Other Position Requirements:
- Proven ability to successfully lead individuals and teams within a sales and service environment
- Demonstrated leadership skills, including mentoring, motivating, and coaching
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with a wide variety of people
- Proven skills in business development and achievement of sales goals and targets
- Experience leading in a unionized environment
- Working knowledge of credit union legislation, policies, and procedures as they relate to the position
- Working knowledge of risk management, security, and safety as they related to branch operations
- Working knowledge of credit union deposit products and services
- Commercial banking experience preferred
- PC literacy including Microsoft Word or other work processing software, Excel or other spreadsheet application and banking software programs
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest. Only those under consideration will be contacted. The successful applicant will be required to undergo a bonding process that includes a criminal record check and credit check.
About StellerVista Credit Union
At StellerVista we believe in:
Our members, owners of StellerVista, and our communities can always count on us.
We listen and care so that we can provide exceptional service and advice.
The strength of our financial framework allows us to share this success with our members, communities, and employees.
Our foundation is built on trust between our members, communities, and employees by creating a safe, engaged, and collaborative environment where our employees explore ideas and solutions.
Our credit union promotes diversity, equity, and inclusion with our members, within our communities and each other.
Our knowledge and involvement make it better for us to live, work and play in this place we call home.
In January 2023, two Credit Unions, formerly East Kootenay Community Credit Union and Heritage Credit Union, merged to create StellerVista Credit Union. Our members overwhelmingly voted in support of this merger as a single entity representing seven communities: Greenwood, Castlegar, Slocan Park, Cranbrook, Fernie, Sparwood, and Elkford.
We’re proud of our team. They make us who we are.