Are you ready to make a move and work for a company who puts the financial well-being of its members first? It’s not just something we say at Conexus. It’s a promise delivered by our employees each day. We are passionate about our members’ financial health, and our employees reflect that passion. At Conexus it’s about more than conducting a banking transaction, it’s about providing members with products, tools and insightful advice that helps them realize their dreams. We do this by keeping it simple and lending an ear to each member’s individual needs throughout Saskatchewan.
Our Conexus offices and facilities are located on Treaty 2, 4, 5, 6, 8 and 10 lands. These are the traditional lands of the Cree, Dakota, Dene, Lakota, Nakota and Saulteaux peoples, as well as the homeland of the Métis.
The bigger picture
We’re looking for a progressive, disciplined and action orientated leader to join our executive leadership team as Chief Risk & Compliance Officer.
As the Chief Risk & Compliance Officer (“CRCO”), you will partner with the executive leaders to ensure the day to day execution of our business strategy. You will guide and influence the entire organization alongside your colleagues within Conexus. You will be responsible for defining the risk culture throughout the organization and ensure that our risk appetite and business strategy are aligned and designed to leverage business opportunities and create member value.
Not only will you lead a varied group of integral teams but given that this role is a key control position, you will also provide valuable and expert guidance, insight and knowledge to our Board of Directors.
How you’ll be spending your time
- Responsible for the ongoing risk management required in an ever-changing industry. This requires a high degree of talent to assess internal and external factors that impact the Credit Union. This also requires the ability to proactively respond to these factors in a flexible and forward-thinking way, while always adhering to evolving regulatory requirements.
- Understand the regulatory environment and lead the subject matter experts that will form recommendations to the executive leadership team and/or Board of Directors
- Ensuring the Board is fully informed on important factors related to risk that effect the organization
- Developing programs that meet the needs of the members, drive growth and are aligned to the risk appetite of the Credit Union
- Developing a culture of member first within the reporting business lines and Conexus Credit Union
- Ensuring relationships and partnerships are highly productive for the benefit of Conexus
- Leveraging and introducing technology that improves member service and provides for increased efficiencies with the Credit Union
- Participating in and nurturing broad networks of alliances with others to exchange knowledge and information
The way people describe you
You are known for your expertise in financial services, risk management and credit adjudication and have cultivated a reputation of success everywhere you go. You are strongly aligned to our purpose and have a demonstrated track record of strategic execution that produces extraordinary results. You are an exceptional leader that performs at scale with the ability to educate and inspire others to achieve exceptional results. You understand business strategy at the point of creation, and more importantly, how that strategy will translate through each point of the value chain You are a principled teammate who amplifies the talent of those around you to deliver on enterprise results.
The experience you bring
- Awareness of the Credit Union Act & Regulations
- Awareness of CUDGC Standards of Sound Business Practices
- Appreciation of the OSFI Prudential Environment and application of same for provincially regulated entities
- Awareness and demonstrated understanding of different methods of business process and the role each can play in problem solving and accomplishment of work
- Knowledge and sound understanding of the credit union system
- Knowledge and sound understanding of the Board’s fiduciary role in overseeing risk management for a financial institution
- In-depth expertise of applicable federal and provincial legislation and regulatory requirements related to the areas of enterprise risk management and corporate compliance and privacy
- In-depth expertise of credit adjudication and credit risk
- In-depth expertise of cyber risk and security
- 7+ years of senior executive leadership experience
- 10+ years of experience in a relevant or related industry
- Graduate post-secondary degree in a relevant or related field or a relevant combination of experience and post-secondary education
- A background in financial services sales is an asset
So, what do you think – does this sound like it might be a fit for you? If so, and you have the qualifications outlined above, then we encourage you to apply today. If you have questions about this position, please contact Susan Pottle at firstname.lastname@example.org. But act fast, the opportunity closes on March 10th.