Associate Manager, Regulatory Policy & Prevention
Who we are:
Credit Union Deposit Guarantee Corporation (the Corporation) is the deposit guarantor for Saskatchewan credit unions and the primary regulator for Saskatchewan credit unions and SaskCentral, together, Provincially Regulated Financial Institutions (PRFIs). We work closely with these institutions to ensure they employ sound business practices to enhance the strength and stability of the Saskatchewan credit union system. Our employees benefit from gaining experience and exposure to a wide variety of aspects within the financial services industry.
What you’ll do:
As an Associate Manager, you will join a team of professionals that collaborates with internal and external stakeholders to support regulatory policy and prevention initiatives. You will:
- research, develop, and implement regulatory policy initiatives for credit unions, including inputs to the Corporation’s crisis management framework and deposit guarantee fund initiatives
- monitor, analyze, and report on consolidated PRFI financial and non-financial performance trends
- conduct ongoing research and analysis of the financial services industry, Saskatchewan credit union system, and the regulatory and economic environment
- build and maintain effective relationships that support achievement of the Corporation’s objectives, such as proactive loss prevention and PRFI self-regulation
What you’ll need:
- three to five years of experience in a related field, preferably with exposure to financial services or a regulatory environment
- experience in the oversight of financial institutions, either internally through an institution’s oversight function (e.g., audit, compliance, risk, etc.) or externally through a regulatory body, would be considered an asset
- undergraduate degree in commerce or business or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- proven knowledge in policy development, risk management, and financial analysis and reporting; strong research, communication, and writing skills are required
Core competencies focus on decision making, problem solving, teamwork, communication, relationship management, and conflict resolution.
What we offer:
The salary range for this position is $75,000 to $93,749. We also offer competitive benefits including immediate coverage of health and dental insurance, matched pension contributions, an employee wellness program, maternity/paternal benefits and education, training, and development opportunities. For more information on the Corporation, please visit our website www.cudgc.sk.ca. The Corporation is currently piloting a hybrid remote work arrangement option for employees and more details can be provided during the interview process.
The Corporation values and supports workplace diversity. We believe diverse ideas, opinions, and perspectives make our organization stronger.
Ready to Apply?
Please submit your cover letter and resume stating competition number RPP-ASMGR by October 7, 2022 to HR@cudgc.sk.ca. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Preference will be given to those located within Regina or willing to relocate.