Senior Financial Accountant
At Conexus, it’s not what we do, it’s how we do it.
Are you ready to make a move and work for a company that puts the financial well-being of its members first? It’s not just something we say at Conexus. It’s a promise delivered by our 900 employees each day. We are passionate about our members’ financial health, and our employees reflect that passion. At Conexus it’s about more than conducting a banking transaction, it’s about providing members with insightful content, tools, advice and products that help them look at their financial choices in new ways. We do this by keeping it simple and lending an ear to each member’s individual needs throughout Saskatchewan.
Our employees are authentic, bold, creative, and responsible. They are the reason we consistently deliver outstanding member experiences. They’re more than just individuals who come to work each day, each employee is a vital part of Conexus.
The bigger picture
We’re looking for an intelligent and savvy account professional to come on board as a Senior Financial Accountant for an 18-month opportunity. As our ideal candidate, you have mastered your proficiency in general ledgers, preparing financial and management reports, and the annual report notes, and have a keen eye for IFRS details and implementation. You will work with like-minded people in a highly cooperative team environment that are driven to produce results. You’re looking for your next step—a place where you’re encouraged to use your skills and collaborative abilities on projects and consulting engagements.
How you’ll be spending your time
- Researching, recommending, testing and implementing financial accounting systems (e.g. GL, fixed assets).
- Researching, recommending action and resolving complex accounting issues (e.g. broad systems, policies, departments, internal processes); implementing solutions into accounting systems and processes.
- Leading and/or providing support in the preparation and problem resolution for non-consolidated financial statement reporting for Conexus, subsidiaries and collaboration partners & partnerships.
- Resolving problems, preparing and developing consolidated financial statement reporting (e.g. Key Performance Indicators, performance summary and risk-weighted capital calculation, CUDGC reporting) for Conexus, subsidiaries and collaboration partners & partnerships.
- Fulfilling organizational tax requirements (e.g. filing tax returns, establishing and preparing tax entries for legal entities).
The way people describe you
- Always looking to expand your knowledge and abilities, you have built on your advanced Financial Accounting and Management Accounting accreditations by obtaining or working towards a professional accounting designation.
- You have an acute eye and attention to detail.
The experience you bring
- You have at least three years’ experience in a financial accounting environment and one year of experience in a complex financial accounting environment.
What you get in return
Our team works tirelessly to ensure the financial success of each of our members. We think such dedication deserves recognition. That’s why we’re proud to offer some of the most competitive job perks of any employer around. Come, join our crew, and find out just how sweet the rewards can be:
- Competitive compensation and benefits package
- Industry-leading work-life balance and rewards
- Formal and informal employee development
- Meaningful work that makes a real difference in our members’ lives
So, what do you think – does this sound like you? Do you think you’re the right fit for Conexus and can rock this role? If you do, and you have the qualifications outlined above, then we encourage you to apply now. If you have any questions regarding this opportunity, please contact Carmen at email@example.com. But act fast, the opportunity closes on May 23, 2022.