Concentra Bank is a purpose-based organization, striving to create the future of banking. We are embarking on a bold plan to evolve and grow into a diversified, top tier performing company delivering greater value to employees, customers, and owners.
As an innovative and future-focused company, we form partnerships to deliver industry-best financial solutions to our customers. We offer a wide range of financial solutions including specialized banking, consumer finance, treasury, wealth and trust services and more. We strive to be among the most trusted organizations in Canada by solving problems for our customers and offering a positive, seamless experience.
Concentra employees enjoy a competitive total rewards package and flexible work environment. We are looking for an experienced Director Risk Governance & Policy to join our Risk Governance team in one of our corporate locations (Regina, Saskatoon, Surrey, Toronto) or in a home office environment.
Director, Risk Governance & Policy
The primary purpose of the Director, Risk Governance & Policy position is to develop risk management frameworks, policy, risk management committee mandates and risk reporting, and to provide support to the management of the Bank’s regulatory affairs.
This position is responsible to develop and maintain the risk management frameworks and policy model by facilitating development, reviews and enhancements to the Risk Governance Framework, Risk Appetite Framework and Corporate Policy Framework, as well as facilitating the ongoing development, reviews and enhancements to Corporate Policies and Management Guidelines. This position is also responsible for providing oversight to the alignment of Risk Appetite and enterprise strategy, and for providing independent challenge to the first line of defense on alignment with Risk Appetite, Corporate Policies and Management Guidelines.
The Director, Risk Governance & Policy develops and maintains the risk management committee mandates and risk reporting by facilitating development, reviews and enhancements to the risk management committee mandates, and providing risk reporting for executive, risk management committees and the Board. This position provides support to regulatory relationships by assisting in the maintenance of a central repository of the Bank’s supervisory communication with all prudential regulators, as well as the coordination of supervisory communications between OSFI and the Bank. This position also assists in the coordination of OSFI supervisory reviews and in the management of responses to recommendations to ensure they are timely and complete, and provides regulatory updates and key messaging to executive and the Board.
- Undergraduate degree in finance, law, economics, business administration or commerce complemented by a professional designation in finance, accounting or law and 5 years progressive experience in the financial industry
- Subject matter expert in understanding of financial institution risk management, risk optimization concepts, risk appetite and policy structuring
- Subject matter expert in understanding of OSFI Guidelines for Banks
- Subject matter expert in understanding of risk management concepts and good practices in governance reporting
- Advanced understanding of financial institution credit risk, operational risk, market risk, liquidity and funding risk, legal and regulatory compliance risk, reputation risk, capital management and emerging risks
- Ability to lead and manage projects and deliver results in a changing environment
- Ability to understand detailed processes and controls
- Strong interpersonal skills, including ability to influence senior decision makers
- Strong analytical skills, including ability to identify and interpret complex issues and see underlying causes, connections and implications
- Advanced written communication and presentation skills
- Advanced computer skills with advanced skills in Excel, Word and Powerpoint
Applications for this opportunity will be accepted until end of day August 27, 2021. To apply, please visit our Career page at www.concentra.ca.
At Concentra, our goal is to achieve a workforce as diverse as the people we partner with. We encourage all members of the designated groups; aboriginal people, persons with disabilities, women, visible minorities and others to join our team. Concentra strives to provide a safe and respectful work environment free of discrimination and harassment and is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.