About Credit Union Central of Manitoba
Credit Union of Manitoba (CUCM) is the trade association and service provider for the province’s 17 autonomous credit unions. CUCM’s purpose is to provide strategic leadership for credit unions, and to deliver high-value solutions that help each credit union achieve its vision.
Reporting to the Vice President, Lending & Compliance, the incumbent plays a lead role managing all aspects of system credit, risk management, and loan adjudication while serving the growth and competitive needs of credit unions. As the Manager, System Credit, your role will encompass the following:
- Directly manage, lead, guide, engage, develop, and encourage the adjudication team.
- Form part of the system credit committee, responsible for managing system credit risk.
- Provide input to strategies that support the Lending Services, Compliance, and Manual Departments business goals and objectives.
- Provide consulting services to credit unions lending personnel and, where necessary, meet with Central’s legal counsel to discuss options.
- Play a critical role in delivery of lending conferences and workshops.
- Demonstrate loan portfolio management and risk mitigation for complex credit applications.
- Provide input into Lending Services components of CUCM Enterprise Risk Management program.
- Review and make recommendations to Model Loan Policy and credit union lending policies.
- Develop industry resources to be available to credit union lending staff and keep apprised of all industry and market developments.
- Communicate with all lending relationships inclusive of industry partners, credit union personnel, Deposit Guarantee Corporation of Manitoba, and other internal/external stakeholders.
- Make recommendations to process improvements in Lending Services
You bring strong relationship building skills, sound analysis and decision-making competencies and have a thorough knowledge of legislation pertaining to lending and of the commercial/agricultural marketplace. You are a strong communicator. You are an expert negotiator with strong interpersonal skills with ability to diplomatically manage and attempt to reconcile conflicting demands and viewpoints, combined with personable and effective client management skills.
You a natural collaborator; driven by the challenge of change, with the ability to adapt your focus or approach based on what the situation requires. You are technologically savvy and up to date with technological developments as it relates to financial services.
Education & Experience
Your background includes a minimum of 5 years’ experience working in a similar capacity with a focus on Commercial Credit Adjudication. Experience with Agriculture Lending would be of benefit. Education equivalent to completion of three- or four-year bachelor’s degree, ideally in commerce or business administration, or related experience is required.
We offer an excellent total compensation and benefits package including an incentive pay program, an extensive community service program, training and development opportunities, and a work environment that engages and enables our employees to serve our members. The salary will relate to qualifications and experience.
We are committed to providing a safe, respectful, and inclusive environment where your unique background, perspectives and talent are valued.
Our office is located in downtown Winnipeg close to the Canada Life Centre. In the current environment, employees have the ability to work from home.
Credit Union Central of Manitoba (CUCM) is the trade association for Manitoba’s credit unions and as such manages liquidity reserves, monitors credit granting procedures and provides trade services in areas such as corporate governance, government relations, representation, and advocacy. CUCM also provides human resources services, research, communications, planning, lending, compliance, and risk management services to credit unions. Manitoba credit unions jointly own CUCM and it is financed through assessments and fee income derived through its operations.
CUCM welcomes applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request during the assessment and selection process.
The salary will relate to qualifications and experience. The annual base salary range for this position is $115,000-$137,000.
Closing Date: Wednesday, December 31, 2023
To apply please go to: https://cucm.applicantpro.com/jobs/3144605