First Nations Bank of Canada (www.fnbc.ca) is a federally chartered bank servicing Indigenous and non-Indigenous customers throughout Canada. We are focused on delivering superior customer service and offering a full range of personal and business banking products. First Nations Bank has a strong history of growth and profitability with a clear strategy of expansion in the Canadian marketplace and provides ongoing career opportunities for our employees.
We are looking for a qualified and experienced Accounting Technician to be based in our head office in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan on a Monday through Friday work week.
Reporting to the Controller, the Accounting Technician will be accountable for a high level of support and will contribute to a comprehensive, efficient and accurate reporting process that satisfies both internal and external stakeholder requirements. This position will be required to prepare bank reconciliations, maintain and reconcile general ledger accounts, post journal entries, prepare other statistical, financial and accounting reports and support the accounts payable and payroll function. To be successful in this position you will require a strong knowledge in the area of accounting, with an emphasis on reconciliations.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience working in the finance or accounting department
- Strong analytical skills with ability to pay close attention to detail
- High level of organizational skills with strong accuracy and ability to prioritize daily workload
- Ability to adjust to changing work priorities and meet deadlines
- Strong computer skills with extensive working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Strong emphasis on bookkeeping and reconciliations is considered an asset
- Previous experience with regulatory bodies (OSFI, CDIC, FINTRAC, etc), internal/external audits and the banking industry would be an asset.
First Nations Bank of Canada offers an attractive comprehensive compensation and benefits package where individual and team performance is recognized and rewarded.
Make First Nations Bank of Canada Your First Choice
Please submit your cover page and resume to:
First Nations Bank of Canada
Attention: Cheryl Foster, CFO