Turtleford Credit Union is currently seeking an experienced and detail-oriented Accounting Administrator to join our team. This position reports to the General Manager. The primary focus involves looking after day-to-day and month end reconciliations, payments, remittances, maintaining the credit union ledger of accounts and supporting accounting reporting activities.
As the successful candidate you will be involved with processing moderately complex and varied accounting administrative functions. The information within this position is often of a confidential and sensitive nature and requires specialized knowledge of the department and credit union operations. Established practices and procedures guide decision making however knowledge and experience within the area may be applied to resolve moderately complex and varied situations. The successful candidate will work closely with all departments within the credit union and has a passion for building relationships and creating an environment where teamwork and cooperation is a top priority. This position requires three years of job-related experience or an equivalent combination of accounting administration education and experience.
KEY RESPONSIBILITY AREA(S)
The following is intended to illustrate the type and level of work typically performed in this role and is not intended to be a comprehensive description of the duties.
- Prepares and posts journal entries to general ledger; processes invoices and cheque requisitions for payment.
- Reconciles general ledger accounts and assists General Manager in month end and year end accounting procedures and other accounting activities.
- Runs standardized financial reports for management reporting; follows up on management enquires related to transactions and general ledger activities.
- Prepares a variety of reports; coordinates the gathering of information required to support internal and external reporting requirements, such as Board reports and regulatory reporting.
- Maintains a variety of records and processes a variety of branch/centralized administration tasks.
- Performs a variety of routine and varied administrative functions in support of department operations and record keeping.
To qualify for this position, the successful candidate must have a minimum of three years of job-related experience. Credit Union experience is an asset.
CORE SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS
This position is a key position within the Credit Union. Some of the skills required to succeed include a strong understanding of basic accounting principles, proficiency in Microsoft Office (particularly Excel), excellent attention to detail and accuracy, strong organizational and time management skills and strong communication and interpersonal skills. This position is required to interact with all areas of the credit union and to keep up with the ongoing changes within the credit union therefore teamwork, cooperation, adaptability to change and continued learning and development is a top priority.
Turtleford Credit Union offers competitive wages and a full range of employee benefits. If you are interested in this role, we invite you to submit your resume and cover letter in confidence to Ian Heggstrom at Ian.Heggstrom@turtlefordcu.ca. Deadline to apply for this position is November 21, 2023.
We appreciate the interest of all applicants; however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.