Who are we?
Credit Union Deposit Guarantee Corporation (the Corporation) is the deposit guarantor for Saskatchewan credit unions and the primary regulator for Saskatchewan credit unions and SaskCentral, together, Provincially Regulated Financial Institutions (PRFIs). We work closely with these institutions to ensure they employ sound business practices to enhance the strength and stability of the Saskatchewan credit union system.
How you will spend your time:
Reporting to the Associate Vice-President, Regulatory Policy and Prevention, this position manages the research, development, implementation, and communication of regulatory policy and prevention initiatives.
• Develop regulatory policy to ensure an effective and responsible framework for the regulation of PRFIs
• Manage the Corporation’s preventive and guarantee fund strategies by assessing ongoing monitoring and reporting of credit union financial and non-financial performance, trends, developments, and emerging risks
• Work collaboratively with various cross-functional teams within the Corporation and manage relationships with peer regulators, credit union system partners, and the office of the Registrar of Credit Unions
• Provide operational leadership to the department to ensure corporate goals and objectives are achieved
What you’ll need:
• Undergraduate degree in accounting, finance, or business supplemented with a graduate degree or professional designation
• Five years of experience in a related field; experience in the financial services industry or a regulatory environment would be an asset
• The ability to interpret and apply policy, legislation, and regulatory standards are key requirements for this position
• Demonstrated success in presenting information and facilitating discussions with key stakeholders
Core competencies include teamwork, change leadership, effective communication, impact and influence, conflict resolution, problem solving and decision making. Lending to your success is your ability to demonstrate your people leadership skills as a coach and mentor committed to developing the talents of others.
We offer competitive compensation and benefits. The salary range for this position is $93,117 to $116,394. For more information on the Corporation, please visit our website www.cudgc.sk.ca.
Please submit your cover letter and resume stating competition number RPP-TERM by October 12, 2021 to HR@cudgc.sk.ca. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Corporation values and supports workplace diversity. We believe diverse ideas, opinions and perspectives makes our organization stronger.