Location: Trail, BC; Remote work options will be considered for the right candidate
Are you seeking an opportunity that provides a great work-life balance, along with the opportunity to build a satisfying career and be part of an organization that puts their community and employees first? If you have a background in auditing and have a solid understanding of financial service industry business practices, products and services, risk management principles and risk mitigation techniques, this may be the opportunity for you!
Nestled in the natural beauty of the Selkirk and Monashee mountain ranges, next to the mighty Columbia River, the Greater Trail area offers year-round activities for the outdoor enthusiast from golfing to skiing, mountain biking, kayaking, fishing, hiking and much more. Amenities include the region’s largest hospital, Selkirk College and an aquatic and leisure centre, all surrounded by inviting neighbouring communities that are within easy commuting distance. Affordable, safe and volunteer-oriented communities provide all the modern technology and amenities to keep you connected. Here you will find outstanding opportunities for living life well and to its fullest.
For more information about the Greater Trail region, please visit imaginekootenay.com
KOOTENAY SAVINGS CREDIT UNION
We’re the region’s leading credit union with over $1 billion in assets, over 39,000 members and over 200 employees. Our Corporate Office is in Trail, BC along with our Member Service Centre and we have eleven branches throughout the Kootenays offering retail and commercial banking services. We’re community-minded and continue to strive to fulfill our vision to be the best provider of financial services and the best place to work in the communities we serve.
For more information about Kootenay Savings, please visit kscu.com
Reporting administratively to the President & Chief Executive Officer with functional accountability to the Audit & Operational Risk (A&OR) Committee, the Internal Auditor provides independent, objective assurance and consulting services designed to add value and improve the Credit Union’s operations.
The Internal Auditor helps the organization accomplish its objectives by bringing a systematic, disciplined approach to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of risk management, control, and governance processes. The Internal Auditor is accountable for the development and carrying out of risk-based audit programs designed to evaluate Management’s system of internal controls as they pertain to the enterprise-wide risk profile.
You will work with all levels of management and staff to provide assurance that key risks are being managed effectively, and act as a change agent through innovative solutions to help improve organizational performance. Your clear and concise reports to Management and the A&OR Committee will present risks objectively and make practical recommendations which will improve the systems of internal control and operating efficiencies. You will stay abreast of professional standards for internal auditing to carry out all activity within the framework of accepted professional standards.
A remote work option may be considered for this role; however, the incumbent must be able to travel to work onsite in Trail, BC or in other KSCU locations as required.
What you bring:
- A professional accounting or auditing designation (CPA or CIA), or enrollment in a professional accounting or auditing program, or equivalent
- Four to six years of related experience in a financial institution, some at a supervisory level, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Working knowledge of the financial services industry, including products and operations; risk management and risk mitigation techniques in the form of internal controls
- Working knowledge of credit, market, strategic, operational, regulatory, and financial risk for financial institutions
- Working knowledge of commercial and retail lending
- Working knowledge of financial deposit processes and procedures
- Working knowledge of the regulatory and compliance environment
- Working knowledge of computer technology in the context of a financial institution
- Advanced knowledge of internal audit methodology and techniques and standards of the Institute of Internal Auditors
- Advanced analytical, research and problem-solving skills
- Ability to effectively manage multiple assignments and meet deliverables
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong organization and time management skills
Why work for us?
We know that our dedicated employees give us a lot and are key to our success; in return we offer a total rewards package that includes:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Paid vacation, sick time and floating holidays
- Continual training, development and coaching
- Confidential employee and family assistance program
- Unique staff benefits on products such as bank accounts, loans & mortgages
- The opportunity to build a satisfying career in an organization that incorporates many leading-strategic initiatives
- Being part of an organization that puts their community and employees first
- Being part of a talented and dedicated team who improve our members’ financial lives
You’ll be rewarded with a satisfying career in an organization that incorporates many leading-edge strategic initiatives with opportunities for supported professional growth and career advancement. If you are a team player ready to take on an exciting challenge in a progressive, employee-focused environment, we’d like to hear from you!
Please apply online through the careers section of our website at kscu.com to upload your resume and complete the application questions.
Closing date: Open until filled
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only short-listed applicants will be contacted.