Prairie Centre Credit Union, Saskatchewan’s largest rural-based credit union, currently has a permanent full-time opportunity available for the position of Chief Operating Officer. Reporting to the CEO, the Chief Operating Officer is a key member of the executive leadership team and is responsible for all retail-related functions including Advisory Services, Retail Deposits, Retail Credit, Retail Support, and Corporate Credit. The successful candidate will be a self-motivated, dynamic leader and will play an integral role in supporting effective retail operations that result in an outstanding member experience.
- Promote and support a relationship-based service environment by delivering sound advice that benefits both members and the credit union
- Participate in the development, implementation, and achievement of corporate strategy
- Provide oversight in the credit portfolio, approval process and loan administration
- Lead merger activities and special projects in support of strategic initiatives
- Provide leadership in the development and monitoring of annual operating plans and budgets, and transfer of such to division managers
- Promote the credit union, participate in member and community events, and support community economic development initiatives
- Ensure compliance with all federal and provincial legislative requirements
- Oversee the development of policy and procedures in accordance with PCCU established guidelines
- Coach, develop, mentor, and motivate direct reports
- Relevant degree, Associate of the Credit Union, or a combination of education and experience in the financial services industry (preferably credit union) with a minimum of 10 years industry experience
- Demonstrated analytical abilities and operational knowledge with a sound understanding of retail operations and the sales process
- Proven leadership and management at a senior level with escalating responsibilities and strategic involvement
- Ability to lead, develop, and implement sales and service initiatives with a proven background in achieving sales/growth targets
- Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills with an aptitude for relationship and team building
Prairie Centre Credit Union provides employees with the opportunity for personal and professional growth within an environment that promotes continuous learning. We offer a competitive compensation package, excellent employee benefits, and a matched superannuation plan.
For additional information on this opportunity, please contact Blair Wingert, Chief Operating Officer at 306-882-5562. To apply, please submit an electronic copy of your cover letter and resume by 5:00pm on Friday, January 14, 2022, to: Blair.Wingert@pccu.ca.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those candidates being considered for an interview will be contacted.