Create your future with SASCU. We invite you to be part of a team where you can feel good about the work you do and the positive impact you will have in the communities we serve in the Shuswap. We believe in fostering a work environment that is the perfect blend of friendliness, support, and professionalism (not to mention fun)! Add in a competitive salary and benefits package, along with perks such as our employee incentive plan, reduced banking fees, and spectacular natural scenery, and you’ll see why SASCU is an award-winning employer.
The Broker Specialist is responsible for providing a high level of support to the broker channel at SASCU by thoroughly reviewing, analyzing, and effectively processing mortgage applications received from the broker community. This role is responsible for the proactive management of broker relationships, building business relationships, providing exceptional ongoing service, optimizing this area of service delivery.
What you’ll do:
- Identify and pursue opportunities for profitable growth of the broker channel by developing and proactively managing broker relationships.
- Review and analyze mortgage applications and makes clear recommendations for higher approval authority that align with guidelines, policies, and practices.
- Establish and maintain broker program service level agreements and act as contact point for broker questions or inquiries.
- Prepare commitment letters and ensure subjects are met.
- Ensure all necessary documentation is prepared and collected with due diligence while reviewing third party documentation and following up with brokers as necessary.
- Work collaboratively and be accessible for consultation, advice, and support for internal staff.
- Perform administrative processes for the broker channel to ensure efficiency, service, and quality control is met.
- Attend meetings with brokers, lawyers, notaries, and appraisers to showcase SASCU as a partner for their clients.
- Uncover opportunities for referral to other business lines including retail, Commercial, Wealth, and Insurance.
- Keep current on business information as it pertains to the position and the delivery of informed service and advice to members.
What you’ll bring:
- Two years of post-secondary education or equivalent and 4 – 6 years in the financial services industry with a strong focus on residential mortgage lending.
- Previous exposure to the mortgage broker industry and broker generated mortgages.
- Advanced knowledge of residential mortgages and CMHC products and policies.
- Advanced skills in the Microsoft Office suite of products, particularly Excel and Word.
- Demonstrated ability to provide a high level of service to branch staff, brokers, lawyers, appraisers, etc. in order to achieve business results.
- Ability to handle heavy volumes as they arise while maintaining a high level of accuracy.
- High level of ownership, accountability, and initiative.
- A commitment to continuous learning and professional development.
- Ability to build healthy relationships at all levels within SASCU.
This position is full-time, Monday to Friday. It is an excellent opportunity for a community-minded individual to further their career within a successful and growing organization. If this sounds like you, we want to hear from you! To apply, please email a résumé and cover letter to us at email@example.com.
A bit about SASCU:
SASCU Financial Group offers a broad range of personal and business financial services through SASCU Credit Union and its three lines of business: SASCU Insurance, SASCU Wealth, and Commercial banking. SASCU Credit Union branches are in Sicamous and Sorrento, plus two in Salmon Arm. Established in 1946, SASCU has more than 19,000 members, 150 staff, and over $900 million in assets. Learn more at www.sascu.com
A note on COVID-19:
Additional safety precautions have been put in place to protect SASCU staff and the public. More details can be found here: sascu.com/covid-19-response. Further information will be provided later in the recruitment process.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.