Bruno Savings and Credit Union is an independent progressive member-owned Saskatchewan Credit Union serving over 1,600 members and non-members with two branches and has total assets exceeding $101M. In serving its members and their families, businesses, farms and communities, the Credit Union provides a wide range of financial services including financial, investment, commercial, agricultural, and personal loans, and mortgage services. The credit union serve the communities and surrounding areas of Bruno and Prud’homme Saskatchewan.
Bruno Savings and Credit Union is seeking a new General Manager (GM) to lead the Credit Union into the future upon the retirement of their long-time GM.
Our GM provides a combination of strategic and operational leadership to the Bruno Savings and Credit Union by working with the Board of Directors and the management team to establish, implement and oversee the Credit Union’s short-term and long-term goals, strategies, plans and policies. The GM also supports and advises the Board in fulfilling its fiduciary and strategic responsibilities.
At the core of the Credit Union’s strategy is the premise that “it’s all about creating and maintaining value for Bruno Savings and Credit Union members and other stakeholders”. As the GM, you will continue to develop and grow Bruno Savings and Credit Union as a full-service financial co-operative while sustaining our record of sound financial management. You support and drive a culture of accountability by “leading by example” and you foster a successful organizational culture by balancing our commitments to:
- our high standard of service for our members,
- engaging, rewarding, and providing flexible and inclusive opportunities for our employees, and
- actively participating in and supporting our communities as we maintain our leadership position within our marketplace.
You are a professional leader with a track record of successful strategic execution in financial services. You possess a high level of emotional intelligence and build strong relationships with all stakeholders. You have a passion for credit unions, the cooperative values and representing Bruno Savings and Credit Union through active involvement in the community.
Our ideal candidate is a proven leader who has:
- Bachelor’s degree in business/financial sector or equivalent experience;
- A minimum of 6 years’ experience at a senior management level with a retail financial services institution, preferably a credit union;
- Extensive branch management experience of a multi-branch operation, with a demonstrated track record for success in the development and implementation of management strategies to achieve organizational goals;
- Experience working effectively with an elected Board of Directors;
- Advanced knowledge of the following:
- federal and provincial laws and regulations pertaining to credit unions
- commercial/agricultural lending
- credit union financial analysis, budgeting design and consumer credit;
- Demonstrated expertise in strategic planning, decision making and organizational leadership skills to plan and manage resources;
- Knowledge and understanding of digital services and technology as an organizational enabler, and the ability to embed technology into organizational strategies;
- Superior leadership skills with demonstrated experience developing a management team through coaching and mentoring;
- Experience driving culture change and increased accountability within an organization.
The Bruno Savings and Credit Union is in a town located 90 Km east of Saskatoon and 35 km west of Humboldt. Our community offers preschool, and public schools to grade 12. There is a visiting doctor from Humboldt and pharmacy. There are a number of attractions and a wide range of sports and recreation activities including a golf course, archery range and campground.
Bruno Savings and Credit Union offers a competitive compensation and benefits package and will consider relocation support for the right candidate.
To learn more about Bruno Savings and Credit Union, please visit our website at https://brunocu.com.
We encourage all interested applicants to send a resume and cover letter, no later than February 28, 2022 to:
Consultant, People Solutions
Central 1 Credit Union
Email subject: Bruno Savings and Credit Union General Manager Opportunity