An exciting and immediate new career opportunity is currently available at WFCU Credit Union to support our continued the growth.
As the Director, Finance, you will provide day-to-day support in the area of finance and accounting. You will be responsible for accurate and timely financial reporting, and preparing materials for management discussion and analysis on a monthly basis. In addition, you will be required to provide ad-hoc analysis and review of specific accounting or financial information and report on the results.
In summary, the Director, Finance will:
- Provide ongoing coaching and mentoring to the Finance and Accounting team to maintain a strong, motivated team.
- Promote a strong team culture of inclusivity, collaboration and continuous improvement.
- Lead by example showing interest and energy to “roll up your sleeves” to get the job done.
- Performing month end duties such as account review, variance analysis and statement preparation.
- Overseeing the accounting function to ensure that all reporting activities are completed in an accurate and timely manner.
- Assisting in the preparation, analysis and interpretation of monthly financial reports to support decision making for all divisions.
- Ensuring successful completion of all divisions tax filings.
- Reviewing monthly information reports for regulatory reporting to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Supporting the budget and forecasting processes with both preparation and oversight.
- Monitoring financial and regulatory metrics and reporting trends and status to executive management.
- Analyzing accounting and financial records, and systems to ensure compliance with established accounting standards, regulations, procedures, and internal controls.
- Assisting in the preparation of the annual consolidated financial statements and note disclosures.
- Planning, organizing and coordinating the year-end close process with both internal and external audits.
- Developing and implementing accounting policy changes and procedures to ensure accurate financial reporting; including IFRS research where applicable.
- Assisting with governance reporting including drafting whitepapers and memorandums as necessary.
- Any other duties as assigned.
The “must-have” skills and qualifications that we’re looking for are:
- The successful candidate must be certified as a Chartered Professional Accountant with a minimum of six to ten years of progressive experience in an accounting/finance role in a financial institution with a minimum of three years in a management capacity.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills are critical.
- The applicant must be well-organized with a refined attention to detail.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to grasp complex issues and effectively report financial results and issues in a clear and concise manner.
- The ability to analyze data using Excel functionality is vital. The successful applicant will demonstrate excellent proficiency in the MS Office suite of applications, and have the technological flexibility to learn and utilize new software applications unique to the organization.
If you feel you’re a great fit, let us know why!
We appreciate the interest of all applicants, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Applications may be sent to the attention of:
Associate Vice President, Human Resources – WFCU Credit Union
3000 Marentette Avenue, Windsor, Ontario N8X 4G2
WFCU Credit Union will accommodate the needs of candidates with disabilities through our recruitment process as we are made aware of these requests. The accommodation will be based on the individual needs of the job candidate.
Working at WFCU Credit Union
For the fourth consecutive year, WFCU Credit Union has been certified as a Great Place to Work®, as well as repeatedly been named one of the Best Workplaces in Canada™. Joining WFCU means you will be part of a team committed to providing members with a high level of service, while also supporting the communities we serve to be the best places to live and work.
As an employee of WFCU, you’ll have the opportunity to work in a positive, goal-driven, and professional environment. Our award-winning HR philosophy to “hire the best, treat them well, and see them stay” is a point of pride and a key factor in our employees’ success and WFCU’s success.
We seek the best and brightest professionals and provide them with ample opportunity for advancement. Our industry-leading compensation package includes comprehensive benefits and training programs, plus a fantastic wellness program with several distinctive perks. A few highlights include:
- An annual monetary benefit equivalent to a percentage of an employee’s salary intended to enhance physical and mental well-being. This can be used towards a vacation package, spa services, gaming equipment, and more!
- Discounts on WFCU’s financial products and services, including a $10,000 Line of Credit at 0% interest.
- A bank of up to 10 annual personal days, as well as 13+ paid holidays.
- A voluntary RRSP matching program at 5% of an employee’s annual salary.
Experience our Employee Advantage Program which demonstrates our unmatched commitment to opportunities for professional and self-development, employee wellness, competitive compensation, and a culture of celebration!
It’s an exciting time to join our team. To find out more, apply today!
About WFCU Credit Union
WFCU Credit Union has been recognized as a leading, progressive financial institution headquartered in Windsor and Essex County since 1940. Proudly serving Ontario residents, community organizations, small businesses, commercial entities, and public institutions for over 80 years, WFCU Credit Union is the sixth largest credit union in Ontario, and twenty first largest credit union in Canada.
WFCU Credit Union operates nine retail locations across Windsor-Essex, one in Chatham, one in London, and three in the Waterloo Region through ECU – A Division of WFCU Credit Union. WFCU also operates the digital entity, Omnia Direct. Through its variety of service channels including online and mobile banking, live telephone banking, and ATM services, WFCU Credit Union and its divisions have become the financial institutions of choice for more than 65,000 members across Ontario.