We invest in people.
Be part of a banking experience as unique as you are. Tandia Financial Credit Union (Tandia) is seeking a talented and experienced leader to join our retail banking team in Burlington, Ontario on a full-time, permanent basis.
Do you have a talent for inspiring people and leading a team committed to helping families meet their financial goals? Do you care deeply about increasing financial literacy to help our members secure a better future? Do you want to be a part of an organization that is proud to treat its members like a neighbour rather than a number? Then you are right for Tandia, and we’d like to meet you.
This exiting in-branch opportunity is based in our Burlington location at 3455 Fairview Street – ideal for someone passionate about developing business relationships and coaching and leading a high performing team.
Your Work at a Glance
In this role, you will independently manage and oversee the overall operation of the branch, including growth and maintenance of the investment, loans portfolio, and cash operation. This includes facilities management of the branch within the approved policies, procedures, certification standards & operating budget set for the year.
As a strong people leader and coach, you will directly or indirectly manage all branch staff, implement marketing plans for product and service promotion to Tandia’s members and analyze branch business progress producing relevant reports as required. You will also be involved in recruiting and interviewing for your team as well as supporting, coaching, mentoring and guiding staff at all levels.
Using your proven sales abilities, you will be responsible for pursuing new business opportunities for the branch and ensuring that business development and new member acquisition are top priority – while continually focusing on member retention and providing unparalleled service to our existing members. You will develop an annual Business Plan outlining activities to be followed by branch staff to ensure the business goals and objectives of the branch are met by year end including categories such as acquisition of deposits, lending, and referrals to Tandia’s Wealth Management team. .
In our community, you will be leading by example by supporting our community outreach programs such as providing warm breakfasts to students in need and participating in seasonal volunteer initiatives with Food4Kids, Heart and Stroke and our adopted schools.
We are looking for someone who:
- Has completed a degree / diploma in the field of Business/Commerce, Finance, Economics or has equivalent work experience
- Has a minimum of 4 years experience in credit writing and structuring of deals in a credit union or other financial institution; ideally in positions which include lending limits
- Has a strong lending background and understands the legalities and practices involved with lending, and specifically, mortgages
- Is an expert at financial analysis, lending and credit writing practices as well as assessing risk
- Has a minimum of 4 years of people management experience; is a strong leader and able to motivate and build an effective team, and is experienced at managing teams and developing people
- Has a proven track record of delivering exceptional client service and is able to identify new opportunities and solutions for clients during the credit review process
- Has excellent communication and interpersonal skills and is able to interact with internal and external clients/customers at all levels through multiple means of communication – by phone, email and in person
- Has the ability to work accurately with a high degree of attention to detail while performing under pressure and working toward meeting established objectives within set timeframes
- Is proficient using Windows and very comfortable with Microsoft Office applications such as Excel, Word and Outlook
- Is comfortable working on a full-time basis – 35.5 hours each week – and with deadline and time constraints and an understanding that this position will include some evenings and Saturdays to support the operation of the branch and that work hours could extend beyond the normal work week
- Is aligned with Tandia’s vision and values and demonstrates a desire to be a contributing member of our team, support a positive work environment that promotes service and commitment to the credit union, quality, innovation, integrity, and respect
–This position does not require a license to sell mutual funds.
As Unique as You
We believe that financial institutions should be more accountable to the people they serve; we believe that there’s more than one way to measure success; and we believe that our profits should have a positive financial, social and environmental impact on the communities in which we live and work. Actions speak louder than words and we work hard to demonstrate our commitment each and every day.
At Tandia, we recognize that our staff and members are unique – and that matters to us.
As a credit union, living the co-operative principles is a part of our long and rich history.
We invest in our members and our communities with an extensive community investment program devoted to supporting the organizations, events, and volunteers that make our communities stronger.
Tandia is committed to meeting the accessibility needs of persons with disabilities in a timely manner, consistent with the principles of dignity, independence, equal opportunity and integration. Tandia is strongly committed to employment equity within its community and to recruiting a diverse workforce. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities will be provided upon request by contacting Human Resources.