(Hybrid Work Arrangement considered for ideal candidate)
We are seeking a driven, collaborative, and results-oriented team member to join our HR Team. As a Senior Human Resources Business Partner (Sr HRBP) you are at the heart of creating a great place to work. You are a willing generalist, accustomed to pivoting and pitching-in.
This role works with our leaders, understanding their operations, their positions, and their people to contribute to tactical success and create an exemplary workplace experience. You must be relentless in your pursuit to continually improve – both in our daily activities and with your individual growth and learning. All activities are anchored in accessibility, equity, diversity, and inclusion, as well as psychological health and safety.
Additionally, you will:
- Demonstrate serious passion when recruiting new team members. You work with the hiring leader from the initial request, through to offer. You keep recruitment fresh and relevant by experimenting to innovate the process.
- Write job descriptions for new and existing positions.
- Work with a point-based job evaluation method to evaluate jobs.
- Consult on a range of performance management topics.
- Support performance improvement processes.
- Lead and conduct investigations, including restoration.
- Provide guidance and compliance advice on Occupational Health & Safety.
- Write policy and procedure.
What you will need for this role:
- A related degree in Commerce or Management with an HR major combined with extensive HR generalist experience working as a highly trusted and influential business partner. Note: An equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
- Desire to contribute progressive workplace thought leadership.
- Experience with employment standards and health and safety legislation.
- Tech savviness and a love for technology.
- Knowledgeable about bias, conscious and unconscious, combined with experience working to educate and implement tools to mitigate bias.
- Ability to hold accountability of internal and external partners.
- Proven experience building and maintaining strong working relationships.
- Superior discretion and judgment, with an ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to read, interpret, and apply legislation appropriately.
We are asking for a lot. Even if you don’t tick the boxes perfectly, please consider applying. We’re willing to support your learning and development.
What do we offer?
We were named one of Saskatchewan’s Top Employers for the 6th consecutive year. This reflects our workplace culture and commitment to building relationships beyond banking with our members, and our team. We offer:
- Preferred rates on our products and services
- Benefits and pension, from day one
- Competitive salary
- Investment in your professional development
- Community involvement
If the above describes you, we want to hear from you. Submit your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please quote competition #234201 in the Subject Line. This position will be posted until a suitable candidate is hired.
- Position reports to the Manager of Human Resources Services
- Hours: 37.5 hours weekly. Permanent full-time.
- This position will be required to travel. Successful candidate must have access to reliable transportation
A little more about us:
Synergy Credit Union is a people-inspired Credit Union with ambitious goals. We endeavour to deliver amazing financial experiences, earn our customers’ (members’) trust, grow our relationships, and build sustainable communities.
We exist to help our members achieve their financial goals by understanding their needs and delivering exceptional service in modern, convenient, and secure ways. We empower our members by sharing our experience and tools, so they can make robust plans through each stage of life.
At Synergy, our members are owners who profit when we do and who get a say in how we are run. We also live in the communities we serve. This matters to us. We invest locally by offering sponsorships, donations, and scholarships; and through volunteerism. We connect with groups looking to improve overall financial literacy by providing presentations and tailoring them for educational opportunities – for families, schools, youth groups – you name it. We are proud to serve more than 29,000 members and have reached over $2.5 billion in assets.
Synergy operates on the lands referred to as Treaty 6 Territory, which encompasses the unceded lands of Indigenous Nations and Peoples, including the Plains Cree, Woodland Cree, Saulteaux, Nakota, Dene and Metis.
Our HR Team is mostly located in Lloydminster. This role is eligible for hybrid work. Ideally, the incumbent would be based in Lloydminster or one of the communities we serve (such as Kindersley, Saskatoon, etc.).
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest. Only those under consideration will be contacted. The successful applicant will be required to undergo a bonding process that includes a criminal record check and credit check.
Synergy aspires to have a workforce that is representative of the diversity of our country and encourages applications from everyone.
Find out more about us! https://www.youtube.com/user/SynergyCreditUnion