Position Type: Permanent
Together, Let’s Do Great Things!
We’re the largest financial institution based on Vancouver Island and the Gulf Islands, and we’ve got an opportunity for you. We need a Manager, Human Resources to join our HR leadership team. Specializing in compensation management and benefits, you play an integral part in developing strategy, framework and budget for total compensations rewards.
What’s the role?
As the leader of compensation and benefits, you work to develop and implement compensation and total reward programs that evolve with the changing marketplace. You are future-focused, and understand the importance of continuous analysis and improvement of pay strategies, compensation programs and employee benefits plans to ensure Coastal Community remains competitive as an employer of choice. You will collaborate with leaders across the organization to understand their needs, and align them to the strategic workforce plan and business goals.
Other responsibilities include:
- Identifying and benchmarking job rates, conducting pay surveys, analyzing pay plans and related data to establish internal and external equity.
- Managing Coastal Community’s job evaluation program; evaluating, banding and ranking of jobs
- Providing support and advice to managers regarding position level, salary ranges, current salary, and other related compensation policies and procedures.
- Administration and management of the benefits program, including medical, dental, vision, disability, life insurance, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), and retirement plans.
General Human Resources Support
- Supports the Human Resources Department through evaluation of the HR processes to ensure continuous improvement and compliance.
- Recommends personnel policies and procedures, designs, evaluates and modifies policies to ensure they are relevant, current, competitive and compliant.
- Contributes relevant and timely research, analysis and ideas in the development of the HR strategic response to ensure success of organizational initiatives.
This opportunity offers the ability to work remotely from anywhere in British Columbia.
What are we looking for?
- A Bachelor’s degree or Certificate in Compensation management, Human Resources Management with a specialization in Compensation Management or equivalent professional knowledge gained through the significant experience working as a compensation specialist
- Chartered Professional in Human Resources (CPHR).
- 7+ years’ experience in the Human Resources field dealing with compensation and benefits
- 3+ years’ experience with management of a team
Ideally, you are an adaptive, collaborative team player with:
- Ability to demonstrate up to date knowledge of theory and good practice in primary areas of oversite in Human Resources.
- Experience in compensation management, job evaluation/salary banding and pay equity methods and practices.
- Experience resolving multi-party conflicts using interest-based methods to build collaborative relationships and develop solution-focused win-win agreements.
- Demonstrated experience in delivering successful compensation and benefits plans.
If you’re a relationship builder who embraces life-long learning, you’ll be a great fit with us.
What we offer you:
- Competitive salary
- A superior employee benefits package including vision, dental, and extended healthcare
- Generous employer paid RRSP benefit
- Ongoing support for education and career development
Who are we?
Since first forming in 1946, Coastal Community has grown to become the largest financial services provider based on Vancouver Island. We’re proud of the legacy we’ve built and the things that make us who we are:
- We’re 100% member-owned, with all decisions made locally—right here on Vancouver Island.
- We’re a growing organization with over $4 billion in assets under management. Coastal Community helps improve the financial health of over 100,000 members and clients through our 24 branches, 16 insurance offices, 4 business centres, plus our wide range of online and digital services.
- We believe in making meaningful contributions to the communities we call home. Each year, we give over half a million to community organizations and programs.
If you join us you’ll work hard, but have a lot of fun along the way. We offer a generous compensation package and a great work/life balance because we want you to spend your career here. Many people do!
The Organization: Vancity
Banking pioneer Vancity is the largest community credit union in Canada and was recently named one of the ‘best banks in the world’ by Forbes. Vancity strives to enhance the financial, social, and environmental wellbeing of its members and its communities as a ‘financial force for change’.
To learn more, please visit Vancity’s website.
The Opportunity: Chief Equity & People Officer
As Vancity shifts to realign its Human Resources function, the Chief Equity and People Officer (CEPO) will play a pivotal role in modernizing and decolonizing its operational approaches. In this newly created position, the CEPO will join the Executive Leadership Team, reporting to the Chief Executive Officer and leading the organization through significant change—this includes supporting respectful, inclusive and dynamic people strategies.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications and experience:
- Undergraduate degree, preferably in Human Resources Management, Organizational Development, or a related field; Master of Business Administration would be considered an asset.
- Experience leading, developing and implementing a strategic framework to embed diversity, equity and inclusion, including anti-racism work, throughout an organization with the appropriate goals, performance measures, metrics and review processes.
- The successful CEPO candidate will be a proven leader of high-performing teams within the financial services sector or within a similarly values-driven, complex organization that has undergone transformational change.
The complete opportunity profile can be viewed: Here
Contact: Robin Noftall, Laurie Sterritt, or Greg Longster
Leaders International Executive Search
#880 – 609 Granville Street
Vancouver, BC V7Y 1G5
Phone: (604) 688-8422
Closes April 5
Open to any of our Advice Centre Locations
Annual Wage: $65,699 – $82,124
Would you like to earn above average pay, maintain a strong work life balance, a flexible schedule and have the security of a career – path supported by your organization? We offer that and so much more.
THE COMPANY – Our Purpose is to redefine banking by helping Canadians simplify their lives and reach their financial goals by reinvesting profits into our members, communities and our people. Now that’s Responsible Banking!
Click the link below to see what Innovation Credit Union is about! Trust us, you are going to want to learn more about who we are!
Innovation Credit Union – About Us (innovationcu.ca)
THE POSITION: This position would appeal to anyone who is a reliable and efficient resource to the people they work with. Their drive and passion to take care of the details, independently learn, embrace technology and build strong, trusting relationships will make them successful in this position. The Governance Specialist will work closely with the Chief People an Governance Officer and Board of Directors to implement a modern, effective and compliant governance regime for a Federally Regulated Financial Institution. How does one do this? Glad you asked!
A Governance Specialist does the following:
- Works independently and effectively manages and prioritizes multiple tasks to ensure requirements are compiled on time and that the important details are not missed. This person is a champion in the use of technology related to business tools and efficiency.
- Portrays excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability to handle complex situations with diplomacy and confidentiality, while coordinating and facilitating interactions between the Board Members and Executive Management.
- Has a strong attention to detail and accuracy working with the Board of Directors and Executive Management while recording meeting minutes, proofreading and/or editing management reports adhering to standard format, drafting, consolidating, preparing and distributing confidential Board and Committee reports, coordinating direction for annual meetings, collection of data and information of corporate sources all while meeting deadlines.
- Provides a high quality of research and analysis of Acts, Guidelines and legislation or other relevant material to build comprehensive practices for effective and compliant governance as a Federally Regulated Financial Institution.
Why You Should Apply:
- You want to be an ambassador of a forward-thinking, member focused organization and provide exceptional proactive support, while maintaining a strong attention to detail and meeting organizational deadlines by supporting our Board of Directors and Executive Leadership Team.
- You have a Degree in Business, Administration, or other relevant field of education and 4-6 years of job – related experience in Governance, HR, executive level administration or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- You have a strong understanding of the Microsoft Environment, workflows, board portals and electronic file management.