Create your future with SASCU Credit Union! We invite you to be part of a team where you can feel good about the work you do and the positive impact on the communities we serve in the Shuswap region. We believe in fostering a work environment that is the perfect blend of friendliness, support and professionalism, not to mention, fun!
As a Senior Advisor at SASCU, you will build deep relationships with members, first by seeking to understand what is important to them, and then by providing customized, advice-driven solutions that will guide them on their financial journey as it relates to their overall financial picture.
What you’ll do:
- Advise members on a full range of deposit and investment products (including new accounts, mutual funds, registered products, and term deposits).
- Advise members on personal and small business lending products and services (including mortgages, loans, lines of credit, credit cards, and associated insurance products).
- Service and manage an assigned portfolio of estate accounts.
- Identify and pursue opportunities within an assigned portfolio and through referrals, connecting members to colleagues when appropriate to ensure the members’ financial needs are fully met.
- Take a lead role in promotions and other activities to build the membership base and have a positive impact on the community.
What you’ll bring:
- Two years of post-secondary education or equivalent.
- At least 4-6 years of progressive financial services with demonstrated sales skills.
- Registration as a Mutual Funds Representative, or enrollment in the Investment Funds in Canada (IFC) course within 3 months of attaining position, with the intention to register as a Mutual Funds Representative.
You’re perfect for this role if you:
- Have demonstrated sales skills – promoting and selling financial products and services
- Have strong organizational and time management skills
- Are an excellent communicator with strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated leadership ability
- Possess a high level of ownership, accountability, and initiative
- Are committed to continuous learning and self-development
We invest in our employees by offering:
- A competitive base salary plus performance-based incentive pay, and a pension plan with SASCU matching all funds.
- Comprehensive group benefits coverage including extended health and dental care, travel insurance, and life insurance, and an Employee and Family Assistance Program.
- Flexible spending account for additional health and personal wellness activities and expenses.
- Flexible work arrangements and paid time off including vacation, medical/care time, a flexible “Floater Day”, and paid community volunteering.
- Opportunities for career growth, financial assistance for training and development, and rewards and recognition.
- Additional benefits including waived or reduced banking fees and reduced rates on personal loans and mortgages.
This is a full-time, Monday to Friday position. It is an excellent opportunity for a community-minded individual to further their career within a successful and growing organization. If this sounds like you, let us know! To apply, please email a cover letter and résumé to us at email@example.com.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion:
SASCU is an equal opportunity employer committed to supporting Diversity and Inclusion. We recruit and select applicants for employment solely based on their qualifications, with emphasis on selecting the best-qualified person for the job. We support an inclusive environment where employees feel empowered to share their experiences, ideas, and perspectives.
A bit about SASCU:
SASCU Financial Group offers a broad range of personal and business financial services through SASCU Credit Union and its three lines of business: SASCU Insurance, SASCU Wealth, and Commercial banking. SASCU Credit Union branches are in Sicamous and Sorrento, plus two in Salmon Arm. Established in 1946, SASCU has more than 19,000 members, 150 staff, and $1 billion in assets. Learn more at www.sascu.com
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. The successful candidate will be required to meet fidelity bonding requirements, including completion of references, a criminal record check, and credit check.