Do you have the skills to lead and coach direct reports to ensure policies, procedures and programs enhance the quality of the work environment? Do you have a good understanding of business development, small business, commercial, agriculture and advisory services? Are you interested in cultivating a proactive member service culture, growing Westoba’s book of business by providing options to members through all service delivery channels?
If so, look no further, Westoba Credit Union is looking for an Assistant Manager, Business Banking, Brandon MB, just like you!
A day in the life as an Assistant Manager, Business Banking:
- You will support the Manager, Business Banking Brandon & Rural by assisting with the execution of strategies created in support of organizational advice and service objectives.
- You will have a good understanding of small business, commercial, agriculture and advisory services, and be an inspiring team member who is ready to ensure productivity and quality performance to achieve Westoba’s long-term company vision.
- You will collaborate with the Manager, Business Banking Brandon & Rural and with other members of the leadership team to execute strategic plans, policies, and operational procedures.
- You will foster and maintain a positive work environment conducive to high performing teams and highly engaged staff.
- You will be responsible for a portfolio comprising of a mix of agriculture and commercial accounts.
- You will negotiate, structure, and recommend loans for approval to the appropriate approval authorities.
- You will Manage portfolios including day-to-day decisions, annual reviews, risk mitigation with a strong emphasis on business development and member retention.
- You will evaluate the performance of staff, coach and support individual training and development needs.
- You will support and develop new and existing account managers through coaching and hands on training.
What you bring to the table:
- Post-secondary education is required, a diploma in Agribusiness / Business Administration / Commerce or similar is preferred.
- Three to Five years of commercial, real estate, and/or agriculture banking experience is expected; 1-3 years’ experience in a leadership or mentorship role is preferred.
- Proven success in sales and business development
- A combination of education and experience may be considered.
- A high-energy individual who is self-motivated and who can get things done.
What Westoba has to offer:
- Competitive compensation and benefits
- Company-matched pension program
- Results-orientated bonus program
- Dollars invested in your education
- Discounted rates on your annual GoodLife Fitness membership
- Plus awesome financial perks including:
- No-fee chequing and savings accounts
- Preferred rates on deposits
- Discounted rates on loans
If this is you, please submit your cover letter and resume by clicking the APPLY button below. If this role is not right for you, referrals are always welcome!
We thank all applicants; however, only those who are short-listed will be contacted