The Synergy Experience – what is it exactly? Just ask our employees. Their dedication to our customers (members) and each other has created an incredible place to work. We’re local, we offer personalized and competitive products & services. We are proud to be a part of a local and community focus and are seeking a Financial Services Associate or Advisor to help us continue our rich tradition of serving our community – since 1943!
What do we offer?
We were named one of Saskatchewan’s Top Employers for the 5th consecutive year. This reflects our workplace culture and commitment to building relationships beyond banking with our members, and our team. We also provide:
- Competitive salary
- Benefits and pension
- Preferred rates on our products and services
- Investment in your professional development
- Community involvement opportunities
What do our Financial Services Associates and Advisors do?
As an FSA, you will work in a retail banking environment where you have a meaningful impact on the financial wellness of members. You connect with existing and prospective members, understand their financial and personal goals, provide informative and personalized advice, and recommend the right products and solutions to achieve their goals and enable their financial success.
Our ideal candidate is a relationship builder. You’re motivated, with strong problem-solving and organizational skills. You’ll be a part of a team of knowledgeable professionals who share a genuine commitment to working with and delivering exceptional service to our membership, including on accounts and deposit products, consumer investments, and lending products and services (such as consumer and small business/ag loans and mortgages).
If building relationships, problem solving, and meeting challenges interests you…..this dynamic career is what you’re looking for!
As a Financial Services Associate or Advisor, you will:
- Manage a portfolio of members, partnering with current and potential members to understand their goals and priorities
- Advise on and deliver a variety of products and services to successfully meet members’ needs
- Engage in outreach, marketing, and follow-up opportunities to proactively seek out new business and deepen existing relationships, and
- Promote Synergy Credit Union within our communities, including engaging in business development activities, volunteerism, phone calls, emails, and participating in campaigns.
What you need for this role:
- Related post-secondary education (such as a Diploma or Degree in Business) and 1 year of job-related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Relationship and business development skills
- Previous sales experience working with goals, strong closing/referral techniques, and pipeline development is desired
- Mutual Fund Accreditation or successful completion of accreditation within 3 months of hire
If the above describes you, we want to hear from you! Submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, referencing competition #226408 in the subject line. This position will be posted until a suitable candidate is hired.
- Hours: Full-time; 37.5 hours weekly with flexibility to work a Saturday rotation schedule, and various hours as required.
We encourage you to apply. We have two levels in this role. Placement within these levels is dependent on experience and education.
A little more about us:
At Synergy, our members are owners who profit when we do and who get a say in how we’re run. We also live in the communities we serve. This matters to us. We invest locally by offering sponsorships, donations, and scholarships; and through volunteerism. We connect with groups looking to improve overall financial literacy by providing presentations and tailoring them for educational opportunities – for families, schools, youth groups – you name it. We are proud to serve more than 25,000 members and have reached over $2.16 billion in assets.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest. Only those under consideration will be contacted. The successful applicant will be required to undergo a bonding process that includes a criminal record check and credit check.
Synergy aspires to have a workforce that is representative of the diversity of our country and encourages applications from everyone.
Find out more about us! https://www.youtube.com/user/SynergyCreditUnion