Are you a talented, results-driven leader looking to mentor a team committed to delivering an exceptional employee and member experience? Do you have a natural passion for rural Saskatchewan and all that makes it unique? Are you a strategic, innovative thinker who can align strategies with multiple stakeholders to achieve corporate goals?
Prairie Centre Credit Union, Saskatchewan’s largest rural-based credit union, currently has a new, permanent full-time opportunity for the position of Vice President Information Technology. Reporting to the Chief Information Officer, the Vice President Information Technology will be a key member of the senior leadership team. The successful candidate will oversee the information technology department and be responsible for implementing innovative and progressive technology solutions to the organization and its members, consistent with Prairie Centre’s vision, values, and strategic initiatives. He or she will be a self-motivated, dynamic leader with strong technical skills, and will promote exceptional relationships, both internally and externally.
The successful candidate will possess exemplary leadership, technical, strategic thinking, and project management skills.
- Build value-based relationships with internal stakeholders to include direct reports, management, and staff
- Create an environment which inspires the technology team and collaborate to develop creative and innovative approaches to problem solving and achieving results
- Empower and encourage direct reports to think outside the box to maximize the overall member service experience
- Develop, coach, motivate, and mentor the information technology team
- Oversee implementation of strategy, planning, and priorities for the department, ensuring organizational support needs are being met in a timely fashion, while continuing to develop and implement innovative technology solutions
- Manage budgets, contracts, vendor sourcing, and relationships
- Conduct extensive research and collaboratively bring forth recommendations for sustainability and change to ensure the organization remains innovative and secure
- Build strong partnerships internally and externally that can be leveraged to support change management, planning, and innovation
- Relevant undergraduate degree, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a related leadership or technology position with the demonstrated ability to meet departmental goals and targets, implement change, and develop creative solutions
- Proven supervision of staff at a senior level with emphasis on coaching, accountability, and performance management
- Exemplary critical thinking, problem solving, and decision-making skills
- Exceptionally strong organizational, communication, change management, and interpersonal abilities
- Strong technical skills with a proven ability to research and understand emerging technologies and ways of doing business
Prairie Centre Credit Union provides employees with the opportunity for personal and professional growth within an environment that promotes continuous learning. We offer a competitive compensation package, excellent employee benefits including relocation assistance, and a matched superannuation plan.
For additional information on this opportunity, please contact Michelle MacDonald, Chief Information Officer, at 306-882-5571. To apply, please submit an electronic copy of your cover letter and resume on or before Thursday, August 12, 2021 to: email@example.com.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those candidates being considered for an interview will be contacted.