Northern Savings Credit Union is seeking a full time Personal Loans Officer for our Terrace, BC location. This key position in the branch provides financial solutions and exemplary member service in personal loans and mortgages. This position is often the primary point of contact for existing and new members and can foster relationships through service excellence and product knowledge specific to retail lending.
- Delivers financial solutions to new and existing members by offering a suite of personal lending and mortgage products.
- Is knowledgeable in all Northern Savings financial products and services to enable referrals to Financial Services Representatives, Business Services, financial advisory services and insurance (life, property and casualty).
- Collaborates with staff in addressing services issues and member concerns.
- Has expert knowledge of lending processes and procedures.
- Identifies process improvements and escalates to supervisor.
- Ensures that all interactions with members and fellow staff are completed in a professional and timely manner.
- Meets compliance, confidentiality and regulatory requirements and abides by management policy and branch procedures.
- Works within prescribed lending limits, referring applications as necessary.
- Uses pricing matrix at all times for personal lending products.
- Understands authorities with respect to overrides, waiving service charges and the pricing matrix.
- High School diploma is a requirement. Completion of post-secondary education is an asset.
- Completion of sales training is an asset.
- Completion of Personal Lending course.
- Previous lending, sales and service experience is required.
- Previous financial services experience is required.
- Demonstrated sales skills.
- Expert knowledge of products and services required.
- Ability to communicate and liaise professionally with members, potential customers, community groups and co-workers while maintaining confidentiality.
- Working knowledge, skills and experience in Microsoft Office