KOOTENAY SAVINGS CREDIT UNION
Kootenay Savings, the region’s leading credit union with over $1 billion in assets, over 39,000 members and over 200 employees, continues to strive to fulfill our vision:
To be the best provider of financial services and the best place to work in the communities we serve.
Do you… have advanced knowledge and experience in commercial credit and know what it takes to succeed in the competitive financial services market? Are you a natural leader who thrives in an ever-evolving work environment and aspires to make a positive difference each and every day? Are you a motivated self-starter with a proven track record of success in commercial lending oversight, adjudication, and underwriting?
If so… we want to hear from you!
We’re looking for a Senior Manager Commercial Adjudication to join our team.
As Senior Manager Commercial Adjudication you are responsible for the operational control of the credit union’s commercial lending portfolio, commercial adjudication and retail & commercial administration in a manner that supports operational efficiency and ensures compliance with regulatory and organizational practices, policies & procedures, and risk framework.
Your main responsibilities include:
- Being accountable for the planning, development, and implementation of policies, programs and strategies in support of commercial lending functions and credit support lending administration
- Providing operational oversight of compliance with enterprise risk management (ERM) policies and practices and maintenance of lending operations, risk, and administrative practices, policies, and procedures
- Providing managerial and administrative control of the commercial lending portfolio, adjudication and retail and commercial credit support administration
- Being accountable for providing managerial direction and leadership to the centralized management team to achieve established organizational performance goals
- Being accountable for operational oversight of commercial annual reviews and renewals of credit facilities in the commercial credit portfolio
- Providing managerial oversight of the commercial credit collection function and having accountability for identifying areas of potential risk and initiating actions to mitigate potential losses within established controls
- Commonly acting as a project lead, as well as supporting the execution of a variety of cross-functional strategic projects
The ideal incumbent will possess:
- A Bachelor’s Degree or designation requiring 3 to 4 years’ full-time study or equivalent
- A minimum of 10 years’ progressive leadership experience in the financial services industry with a focus on commercial credit execution, oversight, adjudication, underwriting and credit design
- Advanced knowledge of commercial credit underwriting policies and procedures
- Advanced knowledge and experience in managing commercial credit including underwriting, portfolio quality oversight and compliance with regulatory requirements
- Strong knowledge in credit risk management policies and procedures and regulatory requirements relative to credit union credit risk management
- Strong knowledge of credit management information reporting infrastructure to further enable overall credit portfolio management
- Strong experience in policy and procedure administration, internal controls and auditing systems
- Strong understanding of consumer and commercial deposit and lending practices, collection techniques and legislative regulations and statutes as they pertain to consumer and business deposit and lending activities
- Strong knowledge of information technology best practices and the ability to keep abreast of new technologies
- Knowledge of and commitment to maintaining current knowledge of legislative requirements, best practices, local community and financial industry trends and forecasts as they related to the functional areas of the position
- Strong project management and planning skills
- The ability to anticipate strategic business demands and effectively align people, processes, and systems so that the appropriate talent, structure, and operating models are in place
- The ability to take a creative approach to opportunities or issues, think “outside the box” and explore unique ways to create value for members, communities, and the organization
- The ability to develop breakthrough strategies that clearly differentiate the business within the communities it serves, while operating in an environment of flux, rapid change, and technological disruption
- The ability to understand and leverage knowledge of the credit union and financial system including key external relationships, political and economic forces, emerging alliances, competitors, and the regulatory context
- The ability to work within and across groups and/or organizations to solve complex issues and create the best solutions that benefit members and our communities
- The ability to recognize and moderate one’s effect on others and the organization, building trust by choosing to act with integrity and authenticity
- The ability to inspire a sense of direction and shared purpose for employees, while energizing and motivating them to advance the vision
Why work for us?
We know that our dedicated employees give us a lot and are key to our success; in return we offer a total rewards package that includes:
- Competitive salary of $96K – $121K based on skills and experience
- Competitive benefits including extended health, dental and vision coverage
- Health care spending account
- Paid vacation, sick time and floating holidays
- Confidential employee and family assistance program
- Continual training, development and coaching
- Unique staff benefits on products such as bank accounts, loans & mortgages
- The opportunity to build a satisfying career in an organization that incorporates many leading-strategic initiatives
- Being part of an organization that puts their community and employees first
- Being part of a talented and dedicated team who improve our members’ financial lives
Remote work options for this opportunity may be considered.
Nestled in the natural beauty of the Selkirk and Monashee mountain ranges, next to the mighty Columbia River, the Greater Trail area offers year-round activities for the outdoor enthusiast from golfing to skiing, mountain biking, kayaking, fishing, hiking and much more. Amenities include the region’s largest hospital, Selkirk College and an aquatic and leisure centre, all surrounded by inviting neighbouring communities. Affordable, safe and volunteer-oriented communities provide all the modern technology and amenities to keep you connected. Here you will find outstanding opportunities for living life well and to its fullest.
For more information about the Greater Trail region, please visit imaginekootenay.com
For more information about Kootenay Savings, please visit kscu.com
Please apply online through the careers section of our website at kscu.com to upload your resume and complete the application questions.
Closing date: July 29 2022
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only short-listed applicants will be contacted.